Friday 27 January 2023

A Few Recent Favourites

I thought I'd do a favourites blog, as I haven't done one of these for quite a while.The first item is a little banal, but it's often the little changes we make in life that make it run a bit more smoothly, which is the case in point.

I've been loving Dr Beckmann Laundry sheets for a couple of months now. I bought some back in December from Lidl for around £3.50 for 25 sheets, but I've also bought them from Home Bargains since. They seem to do a good job washing the laundry. You just put a sheet in the drum and then load your washing. 

What I like about them, is that they are not exhorbitantly expensive, nor are they heavy to carry back from the shops and they don't take up much room in the cupboard under the sink. They also seem to create less waste, although the packet doesn't appear to be recyclable, which is a pity. 

The main thing I like about them though, is that you do get 25 or possibly even more washes from them (OH uses just half a sheet if he's just washing his cycling gear). I find that I don't get the recommended number from the bottles of liquid, which is probably my own fault for adding more to the machine than I need to. These are a winner with me though. I just hope that I can continue to get hold of them.

The remaining favourites are more entertainment based. There are a few new to me YouTube channels that I am currently enjoying watching. They are mostly craft based, i.e. knitting and stitching, but I find them very therapeutic to watch. I'm not a knitter, nor a crocheter, but I find these channels so calming.

Both of the knitting YouTubers have a very calm demeanor, but they are both a little quirky and I love that about them. Their content is interesting and they are both very talented and make some lovely things. They are Ali from This Little Wonderful Life and her knitting channel called Little Drops of Wonderful and Paula from Stitched by Mrs D. 

I'm also enjoying watching Miranda and her mother Donna on Miranda Mills. This channel is a book lover's channel, which is strange, as I'm not really reading at the moment, but I do enjoy watching Miranda's videos about books, reading and lifestyle. I've even bought the book for February to join in with her Comfort Book Club. It's a book by Georgette Heyer called The Nonesuch. I've never read any of her books, so it might be interesting and will hopefully get me reading again. If you like this kind of content, I would recommend giving them a try.

On TV, OH and I are whiling away winter evenings watching The Outlaws on BBC iPlayer. It's a kind of comedy drama series written and starred in by Stephen Merchant from The Office, and is quite entertaining. We currently need to find more TV favourites, so if you've got any recommendations, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Georgette Heyer in years. I just might have to look her up once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still use washing powder, in a cardboard box, we have a measurer which we use, plastic free. Not watching to much drama on TV, Happy Valley is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete