Thursday 23 January 2014

An Introduction To Spotify

In our household we've had a subscription to Spotify for a while now.  It's mainly been used by OH or Little Bird for listening to music.  Today, I was finally introduced to it myself and I'm so pleased that I was.

I've been wanting to listen to some old albums that I had on tape for a while, but the only player I had was an old dictaphone.  I dug it out of a drawer and at the weekend I finally got to listen to one side of a Nanci Griffith album that I'd not listened to for years.  It was so wonderful, that is until after listening to just one side of the tape, the batteries, having been newly charged, ran out.  I was a bit disappointed that my reintroduction to some old favourites was so quickly cut short.

Now I've downloaded Spotify on my laptop my disappointment is over.  I've spent this afternoon listening to two more of her albums and the complete soundtrack of Nashville to boot.  Sheer bliss for a girl who likes a bit of country music.  It's helped me be more productive too, as I shut myself up in my sewing room and finally got on with some work that I've been needing to do for a few weeks.  I felt so much better for finally pulling my finger out.  I got to use my new headphones too, which was a bonus.

Using a subscription to a site like Spotify fits perfectly with the near Zero Waste and decluttering that I'm trying to adhere to where possible, as it means I can listen to what I like, when I like, without the clutter of cd's, tapes and vinyl or the equipment needed to play them.  Having said that, actually getting rid of said items is another matter entirely, but at least I won't be buying any more new ones for the time being.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this. Good to listen to some old favoirites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's basically a music site you can subscribe to and then you can find almost anything you want to listen to digitally on it. OH does tell me that some artists aren't on there i.e. The Beatles - not sure why but it is good for finding new music as well as the older stuff and saves buying cds.

    ReplyDelete