I visited the new plot back in November and started work digging it over. It wasn't in too bad condition, but there was quite a lot of digging to do as it was still a good size. Here's what it looked like when I took it over.
Here's how I left it back in November after digging half of it over.
When I arrived today, it looked like this.
As you can see, there are many more weeds on the half I didn't dig over before Christmas.
Anyway, as there are going to be inspections at the end of the month, and as the weather is starting to warm up, I thought I'd better get to work this week, so on Friday afternoon I took myself there and do some digging.
I stayed for about 3 hours digging over some of the beds. I decided to dig between the beds too as I'm not sure I want paths between beds as was the arrangement before. It was hard work and by the time I'd finished I was aching all over. Some muscles I never knew I had were letting me know about it.
Here's the result of my work.
I'm probably just over a third of the way round. The bed in the foreground looks larger than it actually is in this photograph, it's actually quite narrow. If I can walk tomorrow, I may go back and do some more work. I'm looking forward to getting growing on this plot and see how things fare.