Friday 25 November 2016

Thursday At Home

Well this Thursday, I didn't have a great long list of errands to do, so it was relatively leisurely.

I did my usual dog walk and gym visit, bought a couple of fresh grocery items on the way home.  I noticed that a couple of new shops/cafes had opened near the gym.

The shop sold artisan bread and gorgeous looking pastries.  Just a pity that I never eat these things, as I can't justify the empty calories. I'm sure they'll do well though.

The cafe looked interesting too, but I do sometimes wonder how many cafes the local area can support.  Seems like an indefinite number where I live, as there are just so many of them.  Obviously cafe life is a very popular occupation amongst Londoners.

Anyway, for the rest of the day I didn't really have a plan.  I did a bit of blog reading, laundry, washing up and rubbish sorting for collection on Friday. I didn't feel like doing any ironing, so I left it for now.

Later, I decided to do a bit of a spontaneous declutter of the sewing room.  I went through most of my boxes of fabric and pulled out any that I no longer wanted to keep. There were quite a few.

I've decided that I need to streamline things here, as there is just so much and I'm never going to use it all. I kept my favourites and a lot of the rest I let go.

I've now got a big pile to bag up for donation. Hopefully someone else will be able to use it for quilting or other projects.  There's still a lot more work to do in this room, but I couldn't easily get to some of the drawers full of fabric, as the boxes of donations were in the way. It'll keep until another day.

Later still, I also got inspired to do a bit of a declutter of a couple of my kitchen cupboards, after watching a YouTube video on the subject.  I have to say it was one of the worst videos I've watched in terms of camera movement.  By the end I felt sick because the camera moved around so much.  I didn't realise that watching a video could make you feel so unwell.  (I say this, because I was feeling fine before I watched it, but I suppose it could have been something I'd eaten that made me feel ill) Anyway, I got rid of a few out of date food items that I'm just not going to use and a couple of other items that we no longer want to keep.

It was nice to spend an afternoon and evening concentrating on getting rid of more stuff.  I wish I'd thought about how much time it would take to declutter things when I bought them in the first place. I could have saved hours of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I finished off the kitchen cupboards today. Not a lot went into the donation pile (I have gone through these a couple of months ago) but everything is cleaned out and put away neatly.

    I have noticed a new building going up near our Walmart over the last 6 months. They have finally put up a sign as to what is going in the space. A Mr. Mikes steak house...hmm, oil has had a major downturn, people have lost their jobs and still are. I don't know how they think we can support another eating establishment when 3 have shut down.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they maybe think that people will always want to eat so it's less risky than some other business enterprises, but only time will tell. I would have thought that in a downturn eating out is one of the first things to get cut back.

    ReplyDelete