Saturday 19 November 2016

Real Corners

Yesterday I came across this blog post whilst perusing Claire's Happy Friday Links post and thought I'd join in and post about some real corners of my home, as they were on Friday morning. It's not quite so pretty a post, but we're talking about being real here aren't we.

Kitchen table


This is my most used corner of the house, and I use it as a daily work station. As you can see, it is looking a bit cluttered.  This is quite tidy compared to how it looks sometimes, but I've been trying to keep on top of it lately.

Kitchen Counter




This corner of the kitchen is where I put things that need to be taken elsewhere in the house. The two marrows have been here for a couple of months.  They are too big to go in the fridge and I haven't got around to chopping and freezing them, as they will take up too much room in the freezer. 

The CD's were birthday presents from over two months ago and I still haven't opened nor listened to them. There's also a medal here that LB won for her performance in Hairspray, that needs to go back to her room and a couple of other miscellaneous items awaiting relocation.

Hallway


Although I bought this wooden box in an attempt to try to keep this area more tidy, OH insists on leaving his shoes on top of it, instead of putting them inside.😒  

I do have to admit to putting the basket here. It holds all of my winter scarves and gloves so that they are easy to access on my way out of the house. The fan needs re-homing for the winter, I just haven't found a spot for it yet.

Second Reception Room


Yep, looks like a bike shed/laundry room.  What more can I say.  We do move the bikes when we light the wood burner, so the heat can spread around the house, but as they are in almost daily use, this is the easiest place to keep them for getting them in and out of the house.  (We have lots of stairs!)

The Spare Bedroom


A pile of accumulated donations, other stuff that needs sorting through and the Christmas wrapping paper storage bag.


More donations (in the box), a teddy that needs some repairs, and fabric I sell on eBay in the plastic boxes. 


More seasonal fabric for selling on eBay. (Albeit neatly stacked)


The Teenager's Bedroom


If I'm honest, this is looking pretty tidy compared to what it can get like.  I did go around after taking this photo and tidy up, putting away the laundry I'd asked LB to put away last night!

I hope you enjoyed this slice of reality.  What are your real corners like?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a post!

    I love love love the colour of your kitchen splashback. I had to laugh about the shoes, leaving them on top of the box instead of inside is totally something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave woman. I think if I posted pictures of some of the rooms in our home, people might think I was a hoarder.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete