Tuesday morning and I headed off to the allotment. I wanted to make sure everything was okay and do a bit of watering.
When I got there the onions looked more or less ready to harvest. The odd one was starting to flower, so my first job was to pull them all up. They may not be the biggest specimens I've ever grown, but on numerous occasions on a previous plot, I've lost crops to rot, by leaving them in too long. Even in this harvest I found some with rot and had to discard them. I'm hoping that the remaining ones will be unaffected and there will be plenty to keep us going for a couple of months.
Once pulled up, in their place I planted out a few more courgette plants that I'd taken with me. This means that I can now give the tomato plants the room they need in the greenhouse, which was just in time as they were now growing beyond the level of the shelves above.
I harvested what ever else there was to harvest - quite a bit of lettuce, a few broad beans I'd managed to salvage from the black fly ridden plants (these will be nice in a salad or eaten raw), a few potatoes and a few stalks of rhubarb. I also harvested a few artichokes which I never do, to see if I can cook and eat them. After seeing someone eat some on YouTube, it's made me want to give it a go again and see if I like them.
Here's my harvest in it's entirety, definitely worth a visit.
And here's how the tomatoes are doing with more room to grow.