Friday 17 October 2014

Taking a Break

Yesterday afternoon, I came down with a bit of a cold and with a streaming nose and feeling tired, I sat down and finished reading my current book, after which I wanted to do nothing much more than lie on the sofa and snooze.  Two minutes later, Brought back to reality by the phone ringing, I had to get up and never quite got back to the sofa, which is probably just as well as I had some packing and preparations to do for a weekend away.

Today, we are travelling to Hull to visit relatives and catch the final weekend of Hull Fair.  A huge travelling fair that visits the town at this time every year.  Little Bird loves this event and as she has no school for the day, due to staff training, we are getting an early start and a slightly extended stay.  It will be nice to get out of London for the weekend.  We were hoping to perhaps go away at half term in a couple of weeks time, but this doesn't look like it is going to be possible now, as OH is very busy workwise that week.  We'll just have to make the most of this weekend instead

I probably won't be posting for a couple of days, as I'm still posting from Little Bird's tablet and still having difficulty uploading photos easily, but I'll be back posting as normal on our return next week.

Wishing you a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are well enough to enjoy the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look after yourself and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful trip. Get feeling better soon.

    I understand completely about the tablet as I have the same problem.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time and manage a rest. Dxx

    ReplyDelete