Monday 27 October 2014

Half Term Heaven

Today signals the beginning of the half term holiday from school, and as we are not going away for the week, as we had originally hoped to do, mainly because OH is very busy workwise at the moment, I'm quite looking forward to staying home and just enjoying the break from the normal routine.  To be honest, I almost dread rushing off as soon as school ends to make the most of the week away and then coming back to a mound of dirty washing and trying to throw myself back into daily life.  Sometimes a staycation is much more relaxing.  Besides, we like our home and having time to pay a bit more attention to it is often very satisfying.

Little Bird has basketball camp three mornings this week, which will keep her occupied for the first few days, although on the afternoons we may make the odd trip out and about to various places we don't otherwise get the chance to visit.  Towards the end of the week, we are hoping to pay a quick visit to Bruges, followed by a hypermarket shop in France on the way back to the ferry, to stock up on wine and beer in time for Christmas.

I like London during half term.  Although the shops tend to be busy with families with children, the roads are relatively quiet and it's much easier to get around.  Makes you realise how much traffic schools generate.

For the most part this week, I am looking forward to just relaxing our routine a little, maybe getting a bit of time to stay in bed and read in a morning (I'm really enjoying my current book and am keen to finish it asap), spend more time with Little Bird and maybe even do a little cleaning and decluttering, especially in our bedroom, which often gets overlooked in favour of other parts of the house, particularly when preparing for visitors, and is a bit of dust and clutter hotspot at the moment.  My bedroom bookshelves need a good sort through and any books I'm not likely to read need to go to the CS.  I'm getting better at giving books away once they have been read, so I do hope to clear some space once I've read most of them.  I made a start yesterday, by changing the bed linen and sorting through a few things.  There may be a tip run at some point this week and hopefully I will be able to keep up the momentum and have a clean and clutter free room by the end of the week.  Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Now the plasterer has left I am concentrating on getting our bedroom back to normal - NEXT Clearance is a good place for curtains - got some on their way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. Good luck getting your bedroom back to normal.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love a staycation. Here's wishing you a relaxing and productive week in equal measure :)

    ReplyDelete