Monday 3 June 2013

Moving On and Coming Home

After our lovely week in the Yorkshire Dales we packed up on Friday and headed off towards the East Coast of Yorkshire to meet up with some family members for an afternoon on the beach.  Luckily it was lovely and sunny again.

I didn't manage to take any photos as I completely forgot, but we had a lovely few hours on the beach.  My daughter had a lovely time playing with some of her cousins and the dog enjoyed stealing the ball during a game of cricket and running rings around us before we managed to catch it and continue with the game.

After a cup of tea back at the caravan, we headed off back to our home town to visit my OH's parents where we had a lovely fish and chip supper.  We were stopping off for one night only before coming back to London.

Before departing on Saturday, we popped into our local small town/large village for a mooch around and a coffee at the local Italian deli/restaurant.  As my dongle had run out the day before, I made the most of their Wifi connection and caught up with a bit more blog reading whilst enjoying my Latte.

On the way back to the car we popped into a few charity shops and a new to us pop up vintage furniture and homewares shop.  It was a real treasure trove and they had so many beautiful vintage items on sale at really good prices. I could easily have spent a couple of hundred pounds on lovely items, but I didn't.  My OH indulged in buying a vintage standard lamp for £40.  It was fun trying to get that into an already full car.  Anyway, I'll post a picture once we get another shade for it, but it works well and we've been looking for a floor lamp for our living room for ages, but new ones seem to be extortionately expensive. 

I bought this very pretty Art Deco cake plate for £2.50 in a charity shop.  I really liked the colours and it was a fabulous price.  I can't wait to use it filled with lovely cakes.


After a lovely lunch back at the house we headed off back down south.  The journey was a good one.  I always get a little anxious as we turn into our road hoping that everything at home is okay and this time was no exception.  I was also wondering if my seedlings had survived the week.  I had left the greenhouse door open in case of hot weather so they wouldn't get too hot and wither.

Luckily, they were mostly fine, although my dahlia and basil seedlings succumbed to the ravages of a snail.  Everything else seems to have grown quite a bit though, which is always a surprise when you first see it.   Here's a couple of pictures.

 
 


It was good to be home and I got a lovely surprise in the mail.   I have been offered tickets for Centre Court at Wimbledon in the ballot, so I am looking forward to a super day out with OH who hasn't been before. (I've only been once, last year, and really enjoyed it, hence why I applied for tickets this year).

4 comments:

  1. OMG Wimbledon !!!
    I hate opening the mail after a holiday - once so bad I actually screamed ( it seemed the cheque for our car we'd sold had bounced - but all well in the end )

    Sounds like a wonderful break.

    Am I your only commenter ? What's wrong Bloggers ?
    This is a lovely Blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for the compliment about the blog. I'm not sure too many other people feel the way you do, but I don't mind because I still quite enjoy it, in spite of not getting too much feedback. Sad I know.

      I get a few other commenters from time to time which is always nice. If anyone out there has thought about commenting but hasn't taken the plunge, I'm always happy to hear from other bloggers. Please do leave a comment.

      Perhaps I should make more effort to promote it a bit more. I do make comments on other peoples blogs quite regularly, but I guess everyone has their own taste in terms of blogs they read and you can't do anything about that. You have been very helpful in aiding me to achieve a wider readership and I really appreciate it.

      There's so many good blogs out there and only so much time in the day to read them I guess.

      Delete
  2. I keep to a small amount of Blogs I comment on as they comment on mine !

    I'm always surprised to see the number of readers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get a fair few every day so it makes it worthwhile continuing. Unless they are all robots, of course, scanning the web.

      I must admit that I just read for a good few months before plucking up the courage to comment on others' blogs and then start one myself. I guess some people just like to read and not involve themselves in any other way, which is fine by me. Each to their own.

      Delete