Tuesday 18 June 2013

Easy Sunday

Sunday this weekend we had a lazy easy day on the whole.  After opening his Father's Day presents and cards; wine, coffee, dark chocolate, and a book, my OH headed off to the gym for some well deserved time to look after himself, whilst my daughter and I headed out for a long walk with the dog.

The previous afternoon whilst I'd been out at the Jumble Sale, OH had re-barked the corner of the garden, put up some bamboo fencing and assembled the new trampoline which arrived this week and was a vast improvement on the old one.  It was green and a lot more subtle, blending in with the garden foliage a lot better.  Here's a photo.


When we all got back, OH then headed out again with our daughter to go swimming, whilst I pottered in the garden.  I ended up emptying the contents of the compost bin all around the borders, a job I'd been meaning to do for a while and potted up a box plant I'd bought from a neighbour for £1, and which I'm thinking of trying to do some topiary on. 



I also planted some tomatoes into a grow bag in the greenhouse and then watered and fed all the plants. 


As a consequence we are now very much on top of the garden with only very minor things left to do such as planting out a few more border plants at some point and a few more tomato plants in grow bags when there is room in the greenhouse.  I treated myself by picking one of these lovely David Austin roses and bringing it inside.

 
I also cut a few of these climbing roses that tumble over our fence from next door's bush.  The stems are so short that I had to put them in a Babycham glass.  They are a beautiful shade of pale pink.
 
 


Lunch was a good old bacon sandwich and a cup of tea and as it was raining by now we settled down to watch the first episode of BBC 2's The Rise of the Continents - Africa - on iPlayer.  Fascinating stuff.  I can't wait to see the episode tonight on Australia.  How was your Sunday?

1 comment:

  1. The trampoline looks great. We've got through three ! ( Joe lived on it )

    Husband went sailing on Sunday as usual so we joked that was his Fathers day treat ! I got loads of gardening done & the lovely garden party to enjoy.

    Pretty roses. I'm enjoying mime too.

    ReplyDelete