Friday 24 May 2013

Blogging Workshop

Yesterday, I attended my second Adult Learner's Week workshop, this time the subject was Blogging - A Beginner's Guide and yes I'm not exactly a beginner, but I needed to brush up my skills with regard to the design of my blog and the various gadgets you can add to your blog.

As you can see from the newish look blog, I was able to add a new background, change some fonts a little, add some gadgets and just generally update it.  I was really pleased with the results.  I hope you like them too.  I made the changes as subtle as I could as I didn't want to put anybody off reading, but I might just get the bug for this and do regular redesigns.

The workshop itself was held in the local library where the computers were booked out for us to use for the 4 hour duration of the workshop.  The teacher Tanya was a lovely lady and who uses her blog to promote her work as an illustrator, and who gave us a chance to explore different blogs, before setting up or altering our own.

I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop, it was so exciting to be able to muster the confidence to make changes with someone there to guide you around blogger.  So you can now read my blog in many different languages  for those of you reading this overseas or even if you want to brush up your language skills (although I take no responsibility for the translation provided by Google).  You can also now subscribe to posts by email if you wish to.

I hope you like the new look.  I may be making extra tweaks in the future.  I also met some lovely people who were also interested in blogging.  A great and useful workshop.

2 comments:

  1. I like the spots ! What a great workshop. It took me ages to change backgrounds & now I do it about once a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, to be honest it's not very different to before, but I may get a bit more adventurous at some point when I get my act together.

      Delete