Tuesday 12 February 2013

Approved Food Delivery

I know that a lot bloggers and readers out there already place orders with this online grocery company, but to the uninitiated, it is a great place to pick up lots of famous brands at reduced prices.  I received an order this week and I know it may sound a little sad, but I always find it quite exciting to get a parcel delivered and to unpack it.  The puppy likes it too, as she likes to chew all the packaging.

I tend to order every few weeks and there are certain items, which if available, I order on a regular basis.  I'm not opposed to trying new things though or different brands from my usual.  I get quite a few things that I can put in my daughter's packed lunch box, such as cereal bars/fruit bars and snacks/drinks, popcorn for those nights in watching a movie, goods in tins, bottles or jars such as jam, custard, sauces, oils, drinks which I store in my kitchen cupboards until we use them.  I often also indulge in some lovely chocolate and crisp treats as I've mentioned in a previous blog post, but do try to limit this somewhat.  You can see from the photo that I did indulge in some of these on this occasion, namely some Galaxy Counters at 2 pouches for £1 and some Phileas Fogg crisps at £1.20 for two large bags of Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar flavour.  (I promise not to eat them all at once).



In this particular order I bought quite a few packs of Delifrance petit pains which are preservative free and part baked and can be baked in the oven in a few minutes.  There were four packs of 4 for £1.  Perfect for hot dogs or when we want crusty bread with a meal.  In addition I bought a tub of  Swedish gingerbread heart-shaped thins, ideal for Valentines day gifts and a box of 10 tropical fruit juice drinks for packed lunches which cost £1.99 and will make a change from the standard orange or apple juice.

Toiletries, I have also found to be very good value from Approved Food; deodorants, moisturisers, facial washes, cotton pads, toothpaste, toothbrushes,  mouthwash, soaps, and even tampons.  I'm currently working through my stocks of these but am still partial to trying new products that come online all the time such as some anti-wrinkle serum and eye cream that were on offer this week.  At 75p per 30ml tube I couldn't resist giving them a try.  I also bought a couple of Face UK facial washes at 2 for £1.

If you haven't already tried this company yet, I would recommend them.  Please note however, if you are averse to anything out of date, make sure you check the best before date before ordering, as many items are close to or past this date.  Some, however, still have many months to go in this respect. The first order with the company usually offers free delivery if over £30 or so, afterwhich it costs £5.25 delivery for the first 25kg of products ordered.  Believe me this postage cost can very often be recouped on account of some of the amazing bargains they sometimes have on offer.  I have bought cases of 18 or 20 breakfast/cereal bars for a couple of pounds as I did this order, when you can pay the same amount for 5 or 6 bars in the supermarket.  In addition you can pay by paypal which I prefer to do.

An added benefit of any Approved Food delivery is the packaging, as the products are usually very well wrapped inside boxes and bubble wrap.  In turn this comes in very useful for sending things off through the post, boxing up breakables if moving house, or just using the cardboard boxes for taking things to the charity shop or to keep the weeds down on your allotment during the winter.    I have enough to keep me going for a good while.  I also like the phrase that is written on the bottom of the delivery box, it makes me smile.





Please note that the above comments are my own thoughts and feelings with regard to this company, and I am not in anyway paid to express them, but am just sharing my own personal experience of the company with anyone who cares to read this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment