Sunday 10 December 2017

Slow Snow

Like many others, we woke on Sunday morning to snow falling outside.  A lovely sight.

The kids in our street were out on the street throwing snowballs and laughing.  OH was out in the back garden with the dog, throwing snowballs through LB's open bedroom window!  Fool.

Anyway, the dog loved the snow, surprisingly.  She was so excited, tail wagging, barking, wanting to play. It was so cute.

I cancelled my class at the gym, as I didn't want to venture out on the roads and I had the feeling that the instructor may not either, with two small children in tow.  I'll have to pay a £3 fine, but it is worth it to just stay home and enjoy the novelty of snow.

I ventured out to the local park with the dog.  Everyone and his dog were out and about walking and enjoying the snow.  There were so many snowmen.  The dog loved just running around and snuffling in the snow.

I happened across an outdoor church service on a local estate that I pass through on my way home, with carol singing and mince pie flavoured biscuits, which was a treat.  I found myself singing along to a carol or two.

When I got back I made myself a bacon sandwich for lunch and a cup of tea.  Bliss.

I like the snow.  It makes everyone slow down.  Cars move more slowly and carefully, people stay home and spend time together rather than rushing around.

I was pleased that Thursday had been my errand day, as I didn't need to shop for groceries or do anything really.  I could just stay home and chill in front of the fire, catching up on Strictly from last night and watching a Christmas movie. What better way to wind down from a busy week at work.

The manager is back in the shop today and I'm not sure what he'll make of the massive influx of donations that it was hard to wade through with very few volunteers this week. I'm sure I'll find out later this week. For now, I'm just going to put it to the back of my mind and enjoy the pause and stillness that snow brings.

7 comments:

  1. That first snowfall is always something I enjoy watching. I do wish it would slow things down here, but by the time I venture out for my morning walk the oil field workers are speeding out to the fields, horns are honking, and the school busses busily picking up the children.

    Enjoy the snow and the quiet times it brings you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it helped that it fell on a Sunday, without all the hustle and bustle of a normal week day.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the impromptu carols! I had a slow day too as sadly our one was cancelled and I woke up too late for morning church!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a good four or more inches here today and I have loved that we were snowed in for a while and unable to get to the main road.
    It's been quiet and peaceful and I don't think I would mind if it snowed for the rest of the week.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have snow at the moment - had to take mum home a day early because of it which was a shame. Ended up having a busy day making Christmas cards.
    We have Carols in the Park now rather than going round the village - it is always well attended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly no snow for us, gales, rain dark and gloomy. Enjoy your snow X

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow here eiher, just a heatwave here 38C, everything in the garden is wilting including me!

    ReplyDelete