Sunday 3 December 2017

DIY Xmas Advent Candle

After all the overspending lately, the other night I decided to do a very frugal DIY for a change.

Whilst watching Diane in Denmark on YouTube, talking about Christmas in Denmark and the traditions they follow, I decided to follow her suggestion to make my own Advent candle.  What a good idea, thought I and headed off to find a simple candle to transform.

It wasn't a huge transformation, but with the aide of a ruler and a permanent marker pen, here is my effort at a truly frugal Advent candle. (I was going to use a more festive red candle, but I only had two and I use these to decorate at Christmas.  Anyway, I saved them for this purpose and used a white one instead, as I have heaps of these just sat in a tin in the dresser drawer)



Whilst I know that buying an advent candle isn't expensive (£1.99 or thereabouts in many shops), even saving a couple of pounds can be very satisfying and I wouldn't otherwise be using this candle, so it is a much better solution than buying a specially made one and it's burning down a treat. Besides, no one is going to see it but me and you guys, so who cares.

2 comments: