Tuesday 5 December 2017

Getting Christmassy

After spending a very lazy day on Sunday, due to unexpectedly not being at work, on Monday I figured it was time to get down to some cleaning, so that I could get the Christmas tree and decorations up.

I haven't been doing much Flylady cleaning at all for the last few weeks, as the last thing I've wanted to do on my days off is housework, but with Christmas only a few weeks away, I thought I'd better show willing and get the house in some sort of order.

I started in the living/dining rooms and gave them a blitz, as it is in these rooms that we put virtually all of the Xmas decorations and the tree. To be honest I got a bit grumpy in the process, as I got tired towards the end and really didn't much want to do it.

I have to admit that I really don't like putting up the Christmas tree.  It's far too fiddly and if I'm honest I'd prefer a real tree any day, needles and all.  Once it was up and decorated though, it looked okay, save for being sat on a small table, to protect it from the dog who in the past has crunched her way through some of the decorations. At least now that job has been done, I can relax and start to enjoy Christmas. Here's a picture of the finished tree and the odd other bit of décor.





I try and keep things pretty simple if I can.

There's still some cleaning to do in the kitchen, bathroom and in our bedroom, but I'm not going stress out too much over it, as it can wait if I don't get it done this week.

I'll be quite pleased when all the Christmas prep is done and dusted and I can just get on with enjoying the lead in, although we really haven't got much planned this year. A good excuse to actually think up some Christmassy things to do and get on and do them.

How are your plans for Christmas coming along?




4 comments:

  1. Doing pretty much the same here....cleaning and getting the decorations up.
    I only have to plan for Christmas Day when we have guests and the rest of the time just goes as it goes depending on what we feel like and I love that after nearly forty years of catering the whole of Christmas and New Year for various groups of family.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a lovely festive season. Sounds like you deserve to take it easy after all those years of catering for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Tree is up and decorated, the house is decorated as well or at least as much as I do.

    Baking was put aside today, but I will start some cookies tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete