Thursday 14 December 2017

A Nice Evening Out

After a very busy couple of days at the CS, last night was our Christmas meal at a nearby Turkish restaurant. There were about a dozen of us in attendance, as a few people dropped out at the last minute, but it was a good number.

I got a bit of a shock when we sat down at the table, as we had been given the Christmas Menu, which was double the price of the menu I'd seen on line when I booked.  As our budget was pretty low, I had to speak to the proprietor and make sure we were eating from the appropriate menu for our budget and they were very accommodating.  I was still surprised to see that the prices were different from those I'd seen online though, as they must have been out of date on the app I used.

Anyway, although it turned out to be a little over budget (bearing in mind that we were eating in Central London, it was a miracle we found anywhere so nice, that was so reasonably priced), the Manager seemed happy enough and we all enjoyed a very lovely meal with great service.  We all tucked into a selection of meze dishes as an appetiser, followed by our own individual choice of main.

Even those who were not sure about eating Turkish food seemed to enjoy it, which was good to hear. Everyone seemed to get along very well and enjoy themselves.  Most of us were there until 10.30 pm, by which time I really had to go, as I had an hour's journey on the bus ahead of me.

I got to bed at about midnight, relieved that it all went off so well, especially as I'd been charged with organising it. Having never done anything like this for work before, I was pleased that everyone enjoyed it so much and I can now relax and enjoy the rest of the lead in to Christmas at work.

When I got up this morning, feeling a little worse for wear, I read my emails only to see an invitation in my inbox for the Christmas meal at my old shop, so I may be going along to that next week. It will be a great opportunity to catch up with everyone.

Today, I'm so happy to be spending the day at home, catching up on my own life and work around the home.

4 comments:

  1. We have very few volunteers to organise the Christmas party at work it is like a hot potato! Glad it went smoothly for you and the meal was enjoyable.
    An hour on a bus is quite a journey. When my brother lived in London and moved out to West Norwood I had to get the tube to Brixton and then bus the rest of the way and that seemed like ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it all went well.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you enjoyed your Turkish meal. Makes me want to find one near where I live as I do like Turkish food. I often find the prices online are different to the actual in store menu.

    ReplyDelete