Thursday 29 October 2015

October Favourites

This month I haven't got many favourites to share, (mainly on account of not buying much this month due to Stoptopber) but the ones I do have, I've really enjoyed this month.  The first one I could be accused of blowing my own trumpet over, as it is something I made, but I'm going to do it anyway, as I've really enjoyed using it this month.  It is my homemade peppermint lip balm.  I can't take full credit, as the recipe wasn't my own, but I made a couple of small containers of this a couple of weeks ago as an experiment really, and for the last week or so I've been using it every day under my lipstick. I love putting this on in a morning as I get a slight tingle from it's mintiness, (this might not appeal to everyone, but I like it)  it goes on great under my lipstick and it's keeping my lips lovely and moist as the weather cools down.



Favourite number two this month has been this lovely liquer drink I was bought for my birthday.  I love a glass of this of an evening.  Very creamy and indulgent.  Not so sure my waistline is enjoying it quite so much, as it's probably expanded and is feeling a bit tighter in my clothing since I got it.





My next favourite this October has been the TV show Obsessive, Compulsive Cleaners on Channel 4 on Tuesdays at 8pm.  I missed the first three or four episodes of this new series, but now I've started watching it, I look forward to the week's episode.  It helps motivate me to pull my finger out and get cleaning.  So much so that I'm thinking of buying a steam cleaner that I saw used on the show last week.  Does anyone have one and would they recommend it?

Another favourite this month is a music one, namely The Staves, who we got to see live this month, as part of Radio 6's week of live music recordings at Maida Vale studios.  I particularly liked this song that they performed during their session.


4 comments:

  1. I have a handheld steam cleaner, a Bissell Steamshot. I bought it mainly to make cleaning the bunny pen but I use it for a lot more than that. I find it particularly good for all the nooks and crannies that are otherwise difficult to get into.

    I also used it to defrost the freezer at the weekend and it made the process much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about how useful it would be for defrosting the freezer. Ours is in desperate need. I'll have to look out for one.

      Delete
  2. I have the large Bissell Steam Cleaner. I love it, however having a pet that sheds does sometimes clog it up. It does a great job cleaning the carpets.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jackie, your feedback is really helpful. I'll let you know how i get on if i get one.

      Delete