This last couple of weeks I've had the following Frugal Fails:
1) I somehow managed to overpay my business credit card and so have a £5 credit on my account. I know this isn't strictly a fail, as I can just spend £5 on my card to retrieve it, but what a silly thing to do!
With regard to Frugal Measures and Freebies, the following are the latest:
1) I used my last £8 off a £40 shop voucher at Waitrose. These vouchers were much appreciated, as I've been able to stock up on lots of staples that we will use throughout this month.
I've now received more similar vouchers from Tesco, but for smaller discounts and will be using these in the coming weeks.
2) I've started knitting a rug made from strips of jersey cut from old t-shirts, that I rolled up into yarn-like balls. I've been quite pleased with the progress. Here's a picture. (Please note that the loose ends will be woven in eventually.)
I haven't got quite enough yarn balls to finish it, so it will remain an unfinished project until I throw a few more t-shirts out and can use the fabric from them to make more yarn. I'll keep you posted on progress and post when it's finished.
3) I opened a new regular savings account with my current bank, on which I can get 5% interest for a year. I need to transfer savings from another account into my current account each month, to be transferred into it, but so long as I remember to do this it's worth it, as it is currently earning next to nothing in interest payments where it is.
4) I used some nectar points to get £2.50 off a grocery top up shop at Sainsbury's last week. It all helps keep me within budget.
5) I used a voucher for 100 extra Tesco Clubcard points on each of four grocery shops in their stores, to gain an extra £4 in Clubcard vouchers, that I can use to renew my magazine subscriptions or on other offers. Most of the shops were just small top up shops on the way home from the CS.