Monday 19 June 2017

A Chilled Weekend

It's been a relatively quiet weekend here.  LB had a busy social calendar and was sleeping over at a friend's party on Saturday night and there all afternoon on Saturday too.  She then had another party for another friend on Sunday afternoon, so it was just me and OH around for most of the weekend.

I used Saturday morning to catch up on all my cleaning for the week, doing the Weekly Home Blessing and zone cleaning the bathroom.  I scrubbed the floor and cleaned out the extract fan as I mentioned I wanted to. I did a load of laundry which I line dried and after that I was finished, so I headed out to complete the weekly shop at our local Lidl - I'd done part of it on Friday at Tesco.

I'm finding that I prefer to grocery shop on Friday/Saturday now instead of Sunday/Monday. It can be a bit busier, but once you start to change the day, you run out of food by that day the next week so you have to do it. I think I got into a habit of going shopping after the gym, but Sundays were so busy in Lidl that I started to hate it, so it's nice not going to the supermarket in my sweaty sports gear for a change, not having to fight my way round and looking a bit more civilised.

On Saturday evening, OH and I decided to head to a pub on the canal for a drink and a burger.  It was nice to sit outside with a shandy and the dog and just chill watching the world go by. On the way back, we popped into the allotment to water everything, on account of it being a scorching hot day.

On Sunday, I went to the gym as usual and then was able to relax and potter for a change, as all I needed to do was change the bedding, do a white wash and to do the ironing. I managed the former two, but as it was way too hot to iron, I gave that task  a miss and instead I spent some time sitting reading a book I got from the CS last week, entitled 'Clutter Free with Kids' by Joshua Becker. It might just help me decide what to do with more of LB's old toys. I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm hoping that weekends will be more like this in future, now the Flylady system is starting to work it's wonders. How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. We had a fairly quiet weekend. I read, sewed, knitting was done, and Harvey worked on the cement in the yard between rains. Today he has pretty much finished it all up.

    Your weekend sounds very restful and I understand about running out of food on the day of the week you shopped. I always run out of veggies, fruit and dairy on that same day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete