As usual, I forgot to take a before photo, because I just wanted to get stuck in and get the work done, but as I only managed to work on one side in the time I had, the other side will give you some idea of what the weeds were like. This is the side I didn't get time to work on, save for a tiny patch where I put in the last of the kohl rabi.
The potatoes towards the back of the plot are doing well and should be ready soon. I'm not in a hurry to dig them up though as that will be another bed that I will have to re-cultivate and weed at regular intervals. Whilst the potatoes are in it keeps the weeds right down.
Just in front of them, I have a row of kale, then a row of purple kohl rabi and a courgette plant. The bed closest to me is a flower bed, but it needs a bit of work getting rid of the weeds. I'll probably do this later in the week.
Unfortunately, many of the weeds are deep rooted and need digging out rather than just pulling out by hand, so it's been another back breaking session. I'm looking forward to the day when I've eradicated the majority of them and only have a 'normal' amount to contend with, if there is such a thing. I'm hoping this will happen with regular cultivation and care of the plot.
Anyway, here's the half I dug over this visit.
At the back are some cos lettuce, then some chard, beetroot and fancy lettuce, a cucumber plant and a squash (I think) that has self seeded. In front of those are the wigwam of climbing beans with some nasturtium sown around them and finally at the front is the fruit bed with rhubarb, gooseberries and blackcurrants.
It's looking better, but still a bit sparse. Hopefully, by the height of summer it will look much better.