Here we go again for another episode of Freebies, Frugal Measures and Frugal Fails.
Recent Frugal Fails were as follows:
1. I got so hot and thirsty on a couple of Wednesdays that I've worked at the CS, that I've bought a fizzy drink on the way home to refresh myself. I never ordinarily do this, but sometimes it just has to be done. I need to try not to make a habit of it though.
2. I paid £2.99 for a fruit fly trap at Lakeland, which just doesn't work. (Be warned) It could have been worse, as the original cost was £5.99 and I got £3 off with a voucher.
Not too many fails, which is very good news.
Freebies and Frugal Measures recently included:
1. Using another two £8 off a £40 spend vouchers to get money off my groceries at Waitrose this last couple of weeks. It's meant changing my shopping routines a little, but it was worth it for the savings, which were double those offered using some Tesco vouchers I had. I love it when the supermarkets compete for your custom using vouchers off your shopping.
2. I used part of the Waitrose money off saving to buy a new pair of oven gloves for the kitchen, which I've been needing for a while.
3. Also as part of shopping at Waitrose, I made sure to use my loyalty card to get a free broadsheet newspaper each time I visited and on one visit a free cup of tea too.
4. I started harvesting lettuce from the garden last week. It should save me at least £2 per week from the grocery budget, for as long as we have any available. Not a huge amount, but every small saving helps.
5. More free seeds. This time borage, cape gooseberries and red basil.
6. I bought this lovely small orchid from Tesco the other day, reduced from £5 to just £1.65, to replace one that seems to have died on me.
7. I've worked two consecutive weeks at the CS and have not bought anything, which is good for me.