Wednesday 11 June 2014

Wardrobe Stocktake

I decided to do a stocktake of my wardrobe yesterday.  Don't ask me why.  I was just curious to see how many items I had in there, what they were, and how many were hand made.  Here's the results:

Skirts  -  19  (I know  - a ridiculous amount) (7 Hand made)
Skinny Jeans - 6 pairs
Jeans - 1 pair
Trousers - 10 pairs
Shorts - 5 pairs
Tops - 6
Blouses - 3
Dresses - 9
Jackets -  6 (1 Hand made)
Coats - 1
Scarves - 24  (10 Hand made) - Another ridiculous amount.
Shoes - 10 pairs
Sandals/flipflops - 8 pairs
Trainers/Pumps - 6 pairs
Handbags - 5 plus one in daily use.

Total Items - 120

This list doesn't include 3 drawers full of t-shirts, vests, gym gear, nightwear.  Probably nearer 200 all told.

Items worn in last 6 months - 75% at a guess.

Quite a lot then.  I don't think I need to buy anything new for a good while.  Having said this, many of these items are pretty old, but I just can't bear to throw them out.  At least I'm wearing most of them.  Couldn't really call me a minimalist though.  Not sure I'd ever be able to pare things back enough.  I live in hope.


6 comments:

  1. How many wardrobes? :)
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the one. A little bit cramped I must admit.

      Delete
  2. interesting exercise ... I should do this too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit scary actually. Maybe I should try to send more to the charity shop.

      Delete
  3. I've bought a lot of clothing over the past year, I should do a stocktake too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is I buy new clothes, but never get rid of the old ones. I should keep a one in one out policy, but never do.

    ReplyDelete