Wednesday 12 March 2014

Tuesday at Home and A Change in My Exercise Routine

This post is a little bit rambling, but then life is a bit like that sometimes, so here goes.  Yesterday, I spent most of the day at home doing various bits and pieces.  I say most, but I did take the dog for a long 2 hour walk in the morning, on which I managed to squeeze in a few tasks such as returning some out of date drugs to the pharmacy, to be disposed of safely and popping into the doctor's with a prescription.  It felt good to get home knowing I'd crossed two things off my to do list for the week already.

Once home, I settled into spending the day pottering around the house.  OH had gone out in the car, so I couldn't do some bits I needed to do, that necessitated my having the car.  I did, however, manage to finally expose the bottom of the washing basket, which I haven't done for a good few weeks now and I'm definitely getting there with the ironing.  I waded through  a massive pile of shredding that has been building up under the sink, another tick off the list, and also did a bit of outstanding work before settling down to soup for lunch.

In the afternoon, I almost finished replacing the broken zip on a jacket of mine.  I bought the zip when we were in the Yorkshire Dales and hadn't measured the length of the original.  It was a bit long, which I had feared, but luckily with a bit of unpicking of seams, pinning and tacking into place, I managed to fit it okay, without it looking too much of a dog's dinner.   I need this jacket now the weather is getting better, as it is quite light for wearing in the spring, so it was vital I got a move on with it.  I now just need to sew it in place on the machine.  Fingers crossed.  I was pretty happy with the result of my work so far and if it extends the life of it, I will be even more happy.

(Talking of extending the life of things, I took delivery of my welly glue the other day and mended a couple of tears in a pair of wellies.  It seems to have worked okay, but I haven't road tested them by going through a puddle or anything yet.  At a cost of only a few pounds, it was well worth it to have hopefully extended their life too.)

Later, I prepared a beef stew for dinner and cooked up some meat for the dog.  When OH finally came in, it was decided that I would take Little Bird to her swimming lesson in the evening (usually he does the honours and goes for a swim himself), so I found myself venturing out once again.  I must admit I wasn't really in the mood, but someone needed to go and OH was far too busy. 

To pass the time whilst the lesson was taking place, I popped into Primark nearby (always a big mistake) and came out with a pair of trousers and a couple of storage bags for myself  and a few things for Little Bird to be put away for Christmas.  I know it's incredibly early, but I do like to shop over the course of the year to spread the cost of Christmas and  these were things that would be fine for next year.  It's been my first real indulgence this month and wasn't actually a huge one, so I don't feel too bad about it.  To be perfectly honest, I just haven't really been in the mood to spend much money at all so far this month, which has been a really good thing.  It means that I will have a bit of spending money for when I go to the Knitting and Stitching Show later this week.  Perhaps it will all change from here on in.  Let's hope not.

Today, I'm trying out a new Zumba class at a different leisure centre, as I couldn't get into my normal aerobics class on account of it being fully booked up.  This is getting to be a much more common occurrence lately, as it's getting very busy down at the gym.  It doesn't help that I can't seem to book online, so have to rely on booking in person or over the phone (when it is eventually answered).  It can be a bit frustrating, but there's not a lot I can do about it.   Fortunately, I have a membership that covers my use of a large number of leisure centres all over London, so I've started to look at classes in other centres as an alternative and to add a bit more variety to my week. 

I'm looking forward to trying a new class.   It's good to mix things up from time to time and I've been attending the same classes week in week out for a long time now.  I'm also trying a new class on Saturday morning, which I've been meaning to try for a couple of months.  Sometimes, I just need a good kick up the back side to get around to doing these things, and not getting into some of my usual classes gave me just that.  I'll let you know how I get on.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting that the classes are all booked up. Hope you enjoy the new one. I need a kick up the backside too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi penny, i did enjoy the class but travelling there on public transport was a nightmare (OH had the car again). i might go again but would definitely need to take the car i'm afraid.

      Delete