Friday 31 January 2014

Z is for.........Zumba

Joining in with Mum from Mum's Simply Living blog in devising a series of posts around the alphabet (backwards).  Starting with Z then, in my life Z is most definitely for Zumba classes, which I've been doing at least twice, sometimes three times a week for a couple of years now.

I love it.  Love the Latin tunes, grooves and moves, love the sweat it works up and I just have a great time doing it.

Here's a little taster I've sourced from YouTube for anyone not too familiar.  It's a pretty old video from way back in the beginning: it's short, funny, the instructor is good and doesn't take themselves too seriously and it epitomises for me the fun of it all.  I can never work out whether some of the participants in this videa are members of the audience genuinely joining in or whether they're part of the Zumba troupe, but some of them are funny.

5 comments:

  1. I did Zumba a few years ago and it certainly does work up a sweat. One bottle of water was never enough. Great fun.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. It is good fun, I'm just back from a class. I do find it hard to drag myself to it on a Friday night when it is ,but always enjoy it when I do.

      Delete
  2. What fun - that instructor is brilliant & the person in the background in a onsie hilarious.

    I liked Zumba... must go back !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the video funny too. The crowd seemed to like that woman? in the back too as they were all whooping with laughter at their moves. They all look like they're having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a sessin of classes a couple of years ago - my brain and my feet were never in tune with each other (read that as I could never remember the moves) Good fun tho and certainly gave me workout.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete