Tuesday 28 January 2014

Hellebore Happiness

January really feels like it's been a long month this year.  The weather has been incredibly wet and depressing most of the time, so if I'm totally honest I have to admit that some days I've felt a little dispirited.   On days like this, without wanting to wish my life away, I have secretly wished for February to come and for things to feel a bit more spring-like. 
 
Whenever I have looked out of my patio doors, however, I have been sustained and uplifted by the sight of  my lovely little Hellebores flowering away and bringing me a little bit of spring happiness.



 
Is there anything in your garden that lifts your spirits?

4 comments:

  1. Winter Jasmine for me. I have sad Hellebores .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything else in my garden is pretty sad at the moment. (save some pansies and geraniums).

      Delete
  2. We have some hellebores but annoyingly can't see them from the house which means they don't get seen except when I'm taking the compost out! Wondering if I'm brave enough to try moving them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I've moved some of mine a few times from pot to ground, to other place in the ground. Most have survived. It is lovely to see them daily though.

      They used to be at the front of the house so I saw the every time I left the house, but when we had builders in I replanted them all in the back garden where I can see them from the kitchen table.

      Delete