Wednesday 18 September 2013

Catch Up Tuesday

Tuesday, I stayed home all day and caught up on jobs.  I don't mind so much when the weather isn't so great.  As I spent some money yesterday on some new gym gear, I thought I'd better keep as far away from any shops as possible.

My kitchen table/desk looked like a rubbish tip.  It was covered in mounds of 'stuff' and needed a good sort out.  I spend a lot of time working at the kitchen table.  It is my main hub, but as a consequence it sometimes serves as a dumping ground for all sorts of things I need to find time to do or find a place for.  It was less than a week's worth that had built up, but by Tuesday I decided I could stand it no more and had a good clear up.
 
The rest of the kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it too.  There was washing up on the side to be done, a dishwasher full of clean dishes to be put away, fruit and vegetables to wash and store away, a huge pile of ironing to do and other detritus on the worktops that needed either moving or chucking out.  Wet washing in the machine, dry washing on the clothes horse, more washing to go into the machine.  There was a pile of canvas shoes I'd washed, which were waiting to be re-laced and a decision made about whether to keep and pack away for next spring or give to the charity shop and a pile of dry washing to put away.
 
I have to admit that I'm struggling to get into the routine of getting Little Bird's school uniform all ready for the beginning of the week.  I know this may sound lame, but after six years of no uniform, it comes as a bit of a shock to the system.  Part of today's clear up was to help me get organised so I can get into a proper routine with it all.
 
By the end of the day, I'd more or less got it back under control and the ironing pile was down to a manageable height.  I'd tidied around in Little Bird's room and reviewed my finances to boot, a bit of work and cooked us all a chilli for tea.  I even managed to read the Sunday newspaper, watch the Bake Off and clean out two under sink cupboards too, so I had a pretty productive day really.  I feel back in control now and it frees me to get more work done and go out and about for the rest of the week. 
 
The house still needs a thorough clean after the summer holidays.  I've not really had the chance since Little Bird went back to school as I've been busy catching up with other jobs.  Now the weather has turned and we are spending more time in the living room on an evening, I've noticed that it could do with a good dust, hoover and mop.  It's on my list.  I can feel a big cleaning day coming on next. 

2 comments:

  1. I plan a big clean... so many spiders !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. They've snuck in over the summer and I think they plan on staying while.

      Delete