Sunday 27 November 2022

This Week - Week Ending 26th November 2022

This week started with a bit more sewing on Sunday. I finally finished the grey hexi patchwork cushion that goes with my lap quilt. It took most of the afternoon, as I needed to put a zip in, which was a little tricky, but it turned out okay. Not perfect, but good enough. Here's a picture:


I also received some online orders on Sunday, so I spent a little while packing them up ready to post on Monday and I also prepared a little more stock, which made things a little tidier in the sewing room. It felt like a productive afternoon.

On Monday, I did my shopping before and after work again. I was late getting off work, as it was a really busy afternoon. I was glad to get home. unpack the shopping and just chill.

Tuesday was my day off and I was going to go to my usual class at the gym, but then I got a message to say that something I'd ordered for LB for Christmas, was going to be delivered and there was also a delivery of manure at the allotment that someone needed to be there for, so I went there instead. I did a bit of pruning of the raspberry, gooseberry and blackcurrant bushes whilst I was there. There's more to do, but it was nice to pay a visit and make a start, as I've not been there since the summer. 




I also cut a few bits of rosemary at the plot, which I'm going to attempt to root in water. I'll see how it goes. It might not work, but I could do with some more plants and don't want to buy any.

I spent the afternoon ironing as the ironing basket was full, and that's after I stopped ironing many things. I managed to get most of it done, just some summer clothes left to iron and then put away until next year, but they weren't a priority. Interestingly, I checked the electricity usage for the 2-3 hours I was ironing and it cost about 50p, which I thought was very inexpensive. I watched a mini series on Netflix whilst I ironed about a young guy who took on PEPSI Co for false advertising. It was interesting.

On Wednesday, I had booked to get a Covid booster, so I headed off to do that and pick up a prescription, before heading into work for 2pm. Work was busy and I was a bit preoccupied, because of something that LB had contacted us about, so it wasn't an easy shift. I was glad to get home and talk to LB on the phone. She seemed okay and it was nice to catch up.

Thursday, I was up early and off to my voluntary work. I really wasn't feeling it and when I got there I gradually started to feel worse and worse as the session went on. I was so happy to come home and go back to bed. I think the effects of the Covid booster had taken hold. I spent the afternoon in bed sleeping. I got up a bit later and had some supper and watched the movie House of Gucci on TV. OH has signed up for a free trial subscription to Amazon Prime. I still didn't feel good when it was time to go back to bed. I wasn't really expecting a reaction, as I felt fine the last time I had a booster jab. It was a bit of a lost day all things considered.

Friday, was Black Friday and I was due at work for 5pm. I thankfully felt much better today, so I tried to make the most of the day, by catching up on a few jobs that I'd fallen behind on. 

I was happy to get my first wage from my current employer today, but then a bit of one of my teeth broke off this morning whilst flossing, so I had to book a dental appointment for next week. If I have to have the tooth extracted, it will be uncomfortable and expensive, so it wasn't a good start to the day. 

I then got stuck in traffic for two hours on the way to work, partly due to a fatal accident that had happened in the early hours of the morning and partly due to the rush of people trying to get home to watch England play in the World Cup. Needless to say, work was very quiet when I did eventually get there.

Saturday, was another disastrous day. I mistakenly ventured out in the car in the morning to a Zero Waste event to take some donations and got lost in a traffic calming system on the way back. It felt like being a rat caught in a trap. Eventually, I asked a very kind man who gave me directions to get out of there, but I think I probably earned at least one fine, so I was very upset by that. I then had to get home through gridlocked traffic before heading straight out again to get to work for 2pm. Never again.

Work was manic today, more than making up for it being quiet on Black Friday. The last two hours of the shift were spent tidying the store, which gets very messed up on a Saturday. I got to tidy up the premium bedding displays, which were beautiful. It was like a little slice of heaven in this section.

It's been a bit of a manic week, one that I don't wish to repeat.  Horrible if I'm honest. I can't wait for a calm Sunday at home, going nowhere.

3 comments:

  1. You had a very productive week, and I love your cushion. It is more than good enough.

    Never tried rooting rosemary in water. I don't see why it would not work though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better week this week. Your cushion is very effective. I rooted my rosemary in a small pot of compost mainly because rosemary is a woody shrub and doesn't root easily in just water - but it might work for you. If not just push some fresh sprigs around the edges of a pot of compost (add a bit of sand if possible) and put a plastic bag over for a while to keep the moisture in. A large round Yeo Valley yoghurt pot minus the cardboard wrapper over the pot makes a great little propagator. Crossing my fingers that you don't receive a fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I am sorry about your tooth and all the horrid traffic disasters! Eeek, wouldn't like to have to clear up after Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete