Thursday 10 November 2022

A Super Small Charity Shop Haul

Today, whilst out walking the dog, I decided to drop into our local RSPCA shop. I hadn't been in for a couple of months and thought it might be nice to have a look around.

I didn't see an awful lot that I wanted to buy, but I did come away with a few items. I spent a total of £5.50 and for this sum I got the following:


The first item was this Burda sewing pattern for a loose fitting dress with pockets. I thought it looked relatively easy to make and might be a good one for next spring/summer. It is uncut and goes up to a size 18. For £1.50 this was a bargain. I prefer the version with short sleeves. I'm thinking that it could be made with either a knit fabric or a cotton fabric.


The next item was this A5 filofax insert for 2023. I have to admit that I don't own an A5 filofax folder as yet, but for £2 it was good value. I could always use it on a bulldog clip as a daily to do list/diary, especially now I'm working and need to put my hours down somewhere, as the times I work vary from week to week.



I then bought two non-fiction books, which looked vaguely interesting. Both cost £1. Having looked at them, the one on mimimalism looks the more interesting of the two as the money book seems to be aimed at a younger readership.  Might be more useful for LB in the future to be honest.

So, there you go, small but sweet. The best kind.

3 comments:

  1. I think that the pattern is an awesome deal. I have used something similar to make summer dresses, and the sleeveless style I used a heavier fabric and made into a jumper to wear in colder weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern, should be a dream to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sewing pattern looks great!

    ReplyDelete