Sunday 6 November 2022

More Audio Book Purchases

This week, I needed to go to my local library to return some books. Whilst on a dog walk, I took a look at the opening times displayed on the door and as I did, I saw a table full of audio books for sale in the library foyer.

I mentioned in a previous post that I've been having trouble settling down to reading in recent months, so had bought a couple of audio books to listen to in the car. I've now almost finished these and needed some more, so I made a mental note of the ones for sale in the library and took some cash in with me when I took my books back.

Unfortunately, when I got there the next day, the table had disappeared, along with the audio books. I was a bit disappointed, so I asked the librarian if they still had them and she brought out a couple of boxes full from the back room and I was able to go through them and pick the ones I wanted.

All of the audio books were 50p each, which was a steal, so I bought the following ones:


These two consist of 6 or 8 discs,



the next two had 12 or 13 discs


and the last two are 26 and 6 discs respectively.

I'm particularly looking forward to listening to William Makepiece Thackeray's Vanity Fair, which is 26 discs long, as I've watched a few TV adaptations and I always enjoy them.

In total there is 71 hours worth of listening here, which should keep me entertained on my drives to and from work over the next few months. The one's I've already finished, I will pass along via a local Little Free Library, so that someone else can enjoy them too.




1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I loved listening to Sparkling Cyanide on Audiobook on the way to Northumberland once- Big Four is an A.G I've only read once about 25 years ago so I can't really rmember what happened! You got a bargain!

    ReplyDelete