Saturday 3 December 2022

This Week - W/E 2nd December 2022

I was so happy to get to Sunday this week, after a particularly horrible week last week. Sunday is my day to reset and just calm myself after a busy week at work. I stayed home pottering, sewing, doing laundry and preparing for the week ahead.

OH wasn't cycling, which is unusual, so he volunteered to take the dog out in the morning and I could have a lie in and a leisurely breakfast. It felt blissful.

I spent most of Sunday in my sewing room, making an Xmas present for LB and also making some stock to sell. I really enjoyed it. 

Monday, I was working from 1pm, so I walked the dog and then posted off a couple of online sales and an Xmas card to my sister in Australia.  I was going set off for work early and do the weekly shopping, but I didn't, as I had another 10% off voucher for my shop at Lidl and I wanted to make the most of it, so I went after work. I ended up staying an extra hour at work today, as someone had called in sick. It was a horrendously busy afternoon for a Monday, but I did get to do a different job which helped me to find my way around the store a bit more, so I was happy for that.

I was glad to get home and put the shopping away and then I chilled by doing a bit of patchwork. It always calms me down when I've been busy. I've gone back to working on a table runner I started a few months ago. I might try to finish it before I go back to the new quilt project, but who knows, I may get bored and swap back onto the new project again at some point. That's the beauty of having more than one project on the go.

On Tuesday, I was due at the dentist at 12.30pm. OH had taken the car in to have it's MOT. Luckily it passed and he was back home in time for me to go off to the dentist in it. I knew it was potentially going to be expensive to fix my broken tooth and I was right, but I am going to let the dentist re-construct my tooth, as it's a molar and is important for chewing and eating. 

If I'm honest, I think I'm more frightened of having an extraction than having re-construction work done. It is going to be expensive, but if it needs to be done, I'll have to use some money from my savings. My oral health is more important than keeping money sat in the bank. I go back next week for most of the prep work to be done and then I should just have one more appointment and the work should be completed.  It's not the best time of year, but I can't help that. I just need to suck it up and get on with it. I'm fortunate that I have some money in the bank to pay for it.

The dentist was very thorough in his explanations of everything, so I came away feeling very reassured that I was doing the right thing. It would be easy to just have it extracted, but I may regret it at a later date.

When I got back from the dentist, I headed straight out to meet some friends for lunch. We hadn't met up for a couple of months, so it was nice to see them and have a catch up. In the evening, I spent a couple of hours catching up on blog reading. It had been nearly two weeks since I'd read my favourite blogs. 

I then spent an hour catching up on my finances, as they are in a bit of a mess at the moment, for various reasons. (Despite the fact I'm working again, I'm still playing catch up financially, especially with Christmas almost upon us) I'm just going to have to muddle through this Christmas, which is not what I wanted. Fortunately, I have already bought quite a few gifts for LB.

I was working a late shift on Wednesday, so I had most of the day to start cleaning the house in time for OH's cousin coming to visit this weekend. OH has been lighting the fire most nights for the last week, which has been nice and makes the house feel cosy. The weather here has really turned colder this week. It will be a shock coming here from Australia. I hope he has lots of woolies with him.

Anyway, I started the cleaning upstairs, stripped and changed bedding, vacuumed and mopped floors and cleaned surfaces. I had ordered some new bedding for the guest bed from work. It wasn't too bad to be honest, but it still took a couple of hours. I then stopped for breakfast at 1pm!

As I needed to walk the dog, I took her out before getting ready for work. I went early again, as I don't trust the traffic around rush hour. I did some online learning assessments that were outstanding when I got there, as I had an hour to spare until I needed to start my shift.  I only had a few days left to complete them, so they were a priority.

On Thursday, I was up and off to my voluntary work, which went okay. I had to let them know that I wouldn't be coming next week, as I had a dental appointment to start the work on my tooth. There was no other time that was suitable. At least I will get a bit of a lie in next Thursday. 

When I got home, I had just the afternoon and evening to clean the rest of the house, i,e, the whole of the downstairs and the bathroom, so I needed to get started pretty quickly after lunch. I didn't get it all done. There was still the kitchen and bathroom to do after work the following day.

I was working a 9-4 shift on Friday, so it was an early start for me. I ended up getting to work half an hour early again, so spent a little while shopping in B&M. They sell some really good dog treats and as we were almost out of them, I picked some up. I also found a couple of things from my Xmas food/present shopping list, so that was good.  

Work was busy all day and I was a little late getting away. I then went to a nearby huge Tesco store to do the second installment of my Xmas food shop. I managed to get a few meats and other items we needed, that will go into the freezer and I was able to use the last voucher I had for £5 off a £50 shop. There's only the fresh stuff and a couple of other items that I now need to get, which I will buy nearer the date.

When I got home, it was more cleaning and last minute preparation before our guest arrived and we could chill and spend the night chatting and catching up with family news. 

On Saturday, I woke up after a great night's sleep and took my time getting up and ready, which was nice.  I had a parcel to post and then we all headed out onto our local high street for brunch, before I had to get ready and go out to work.

Work was okay and didn't seem too bad for a Saturday. I was glad to get home though and put my feet up. OH and his cousin had gone out for the evening, so I had the house to myself and was able to enjoy some valuable me time at the end of another super busy week. 

Next week, I'm hoping things slow down a little, so that I can enjoy the build up to Christmas a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. You had a busy week. I hope things slow down a bit for you next week. Dental health is important, so I am glad that you decided to get your tooth reconstructed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exhausted just reading all that!!!! You have been busy! I hate dental stuff- it's really horrid and expensive and yes, your teeth are really important. My recurring nightmare is my teeth falling out!

    ReplyDelete