Sunday 20 November 2022

This Week - W/E 19th November 2022

Now that I'm back working in retail, Sunday is the only day on the weekend that I can do as I please, so I always enjoy and appreciate the freedom it brings. I seem to be less mentally tired these days and feel able to do creative pursuits when I'm not at work, as I'm not constantly thinking about work. I can actually switch off in this job, for the most part anyway.  I'm trying to make a point of using my time off productively doing things that I enjoy. It might not last.

On Sunday last, I did a bit more sewing. I did a bit of finishing to a quilt I'd made previously, but wasn't quite satisfied with. It looked much better once I'd sewn around the edges to finish it off. I also started a new patchwork project. This one is going to be a quilt for LB's bed, using up some blue coloured fabrics from my stash. I'm really into stash busting at the moment and making space in the sewing room. It's crazy cluttered in there and I'm trying hard to sell/donate things I no longer want and use the things that I do want to keep.  I've posted separately about this project.

Later in the evening, I decided it might be a good idea to complete one of the several outstanding quilt projects, so I finished piecing a cushion panel and it now just needs making into a cushion cover. I did this whilst watching the first episode of the new series of The Handmaid's Tale, which was a bit gruesome.

On Monday afternoon, I was at work. This week, I set off early and did most of the weekly shop before work. Work wasn't too busy and I got a chance to do a different job off the tills. It involved picking out the online orders to be collected. I enjoy this job, as it helps me to find my way around the store and become more familiar with where everything is and the kind of products the store sells.

After work, I completed the shopping, (just fridge and freezer items) and then went home to a supper made by OH, which was nice. 

Tuesday, was another rainy day, so I wasn't able to get out with the dog. I decided to try to get back to a class at the gym today, so I went to that first and OH took the dog out later. After missing three weeks of classes since starting this new job, it felt so good to do some exercise again. It's good to just take it where I can at the moment.

I had a few online sales to post today and then I needed to wrap my Operation Christmas Child shoebox ready to take to the toy store this week for drop off.  I find wrapping the shoe box the most difficult thing about the whole process. Most of the rest of the afternoon was given over to my new project and making a veggie sausage casserole for supper.

On Wednesday, I got up and took the dog out. When I got back I headed out to Soca Aerobics which is now held in a leisure centre closer to where I live.  The facilities aren't as nice though and the builders were hammering away in one corner as we did the class.

When I got back I made sure to have something a bit more substantial for lunch and then got ready for work. I was working late tonight from 5 till 10pm, so I take a sandwich with me as it's too late to eat when I get home. I set off a couple of hours early and before heading into work and I went to a huge Tesco store and did an Xmas food shop. Just dry goods such as nuts, crackers for cheese, Xmas cake and pudding, individual cards for close family members and other treats and bits for the festive season. I also bought a small present for LB and a nice Xmas candle.

I had a £7 off a £50 spend voucher to use, which was too good to pass up, plus another £1.50 in Clubcard vouchers to use. I have two more of these vouchers which are both £5 off a £50 spend to use over the next couple of weeks and the next one I intend to use for Xmas meats, such as a lamb or beef joint and pigs in blankets, etc. I'll buy them now and put them in the freezer until Xmas. I couldn't really buy these today, as they'd have sat in the car for 5 hours whilst I was at work.

Work wasn't too busy with customers, but there was plenty of other work to do, so the shift passed really quickly. For the last hour, I was rushing around trying to tidy several areas in the shop, which was a challenge. I think I managed to do what I needed to, as much as was physically possible in the time anyway. I was glad to get home and just chill for an hour before going to bed.

Thursday was a busy day this week. I got up super early to get to my volunteering for 8.30am, on the bus again this week, as it was raining. When I got home, I had some lunch and then needed to go out again to our local mall to drop off the Operation Christmas Child box at the Toy Store. I also needed to go to the bank to pay a cheque and some coins in. 

I took a look in a few shops and bought a few small things, some gifts for Xmas and some things I needed myself. I didn't spend a lot as I haven't been paid yet and I aren't sure when I do get paid. I am looking forward to being paid a wage again.

Whilst walking around the big mall, it did make me grateful that I didn't get a job in one of the shops there, despite it being closer to where I live, as it is so busy to the point of being overwhelming. The store I work in stands alone almost on a retail park, and although it gets busy, it has a completely different feel. 

When I got home, I then needed to take the dog out, before I could finally sit down and put my feet up for the evening.

On Friday, I was on another late. This means I do have time during the day to do jobs at home which is nice.  I walked the dog and set off early for work again because Fridays get busy with traffic quite early with everyone trying to get home early to start their weekend. I used the time to do some Xmas shopping at a large TK Maxx store. I managed to find a few presents for LB and OH.  I'm going to do my shopping this way this year, before work, so that on my days off I don't need to go shopping and I can relax at home during my time off.

Saturday, I was back at work and it was busy this week as the buses and tubes were running normally. I was glad to get home and start what was left of my weekend. OH had gone out and got us a takeaway supper, which was nice to come home to.

A busy week, but I'm finding time to do some Xmas shopping and some creative activities which makes me happy. I hope you have had a good week.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the ways you are combining work and shopping is going to make things so much easier. You can spend more time doing what needs to be done at home that way... and enjoying come creative past times as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just having a catch up with your posts (couldn't cope with reading while I've been off colour) congratulations on your new job. You sound like you've had a big boost of energy, hope it lasts.

    ReplyDelete