Thursday 9 June 2022

General Catch Up

It's been a while since I posted a catch up. It's been quiet here, I have just been hanging out at home for the past few weeks. I got burnt out at work and have left my job. It's taken a couple of weeks to recover and I'm still not 100%, but I'm just taking each day as it comes and trying to do what I can, which, to be honest, isn't a lot at the moment.

It's probably not the best time to leave a job, what with the cost of living crisis, but we can't always choose when these things happen and we just have to make the best of it. Health comes first. 

Luckily, we live quite frugally anyway, and we're savers rather than spenders, so hopefully we'll be okay. I'm not looking for another job just yet, I need some time to take care of myself, which is obviously something I haven't been doing for a long time.

Anyway, we had a lovely Platinum Jubilee Weekend. We didn't go anywhere or do anything much, which made it blissful. I watched quite a bit of the celebrations on TV and I really enjoyed it. I think it was really well organised and a fitting tribute to our lovely Queen.

Days here are passing quite slowly and peacefully. I'm in the throws of making a few changes, but just feeling my way for the moment. Baby steps.

Today, I spent most of the day in the garden. I decided to set about washing all the dirty plant pots from both last year and this year. It took a few hours, but I got most things cleaned, just a few seed trays yet to do, but they'll have to wait for another day. 

One of the reasons I did this today, was that there's another Zero Waste Hub or Give and Take day at the weekend and I wanted to take some pots there, as we have way too many and someone might be able to make use of them.

I've been pottering around the house finding other things to take too. A bit of decluttering is always a good thing and very therapeutic too.

Our washing machine door broke at the weekend, well the hinge did, so it's been out of action for a few days until the part OH ordered came. It came today and he's fitted it, so we can use it again now. To be honest, I was pretty up to date with the washing, so it broke at a good time, but there's always more to do.

We're currently inundated with lettuce from the allotment and the garden, so I'm back to eating salads which is probably a good thing, for my waistline anyway. We've been having to leave some lettuce outside the house for people to take, as we had too much and it was going to go over. Thankfully it was all taken.

My favourite instructor at the gym left the other week to take a break. We're hoping she will come back in September, but no-one is sure whether or not she will. I was sad to see her leave, but her health and family are the most important thing, so I'm happy for her that she's taking a break, whether it is permanent or not. 

Her replacement has been intermittently taking classes for us for a few months now and she's very nice.  I like her classes, so I'll still be attending when I can. I might even start cycling there, as it now costs £1.50 to park every visit. I know this isn't a lot, but when I'm not working and earning money, I need to try to cut back wherever I can. Besides, the extra exercise will do me good.

I'm hoping to get around to a full clean of the house in the next week or so too. It desperately needs it. I've made some smudge sticks from the sage I grow in the garden and I'm going to cleanse the energy in the house as I clean it. I'm just waiting for them to dry out.

I hope you are all keeping well.



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you realized that perhaps the job was causing you to burn out. Take it easy, rest, and rejuvenate before you look for another position.

    Working in the garden, spending time in the outdoors will help a great deal.

    Happy that the washer part came and your Hubby got that fixed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're taking some much needed time to get your energy back and recover from the burnout. And not that you planned it this way, but what an ideal time of year to be going through this process, where you can be outside, taking in the air and enjoying the long, slow days. Good on you for making the change.

    ReplyDelete