Friday 17 June 2022

A Pottering Kind of Week

This week has been one of the pottering kind. I have been taking it easy, doing a bit here and a bit there. There's still lots of cleaning to do in the house, but I'm doing it bit by bit, here and there, as I feel motivated.

I don't think the hot weather has helped. I just don't want to get all hot and bothered working up a sweat inside, when it's so hot outside.

Instead, I've been harvesting lettuce and fruit from the garden/allotment and pickling beetroot and red onion for my daily salads and I've been making jam using the fruit. 

I've also been making some homemade air freshener sprays for the house, using boiled cooled water and essential oils.  They seem to work as well as any bought air fresheners and I know exactly what is in them. Plus, it uses up the essential oils that I have had for ages and which must be almost going out of date by now.

I've also been catching up on washing, as there were piles of it in LB's bedroom. Just one or two more washes to go and it should be up to date.  When/if the weather turns at the weekend, as forecasted, I'll probably try to catch up with the ironing, but at the moment it's currently way too hot to even think about doing that.

I've been feeding and watering my houseplants, which was long overdue, doing small little jobs about the house, using up things that have been sat in cupboards for ages and watching a beautiful young fox that ventured into the garden. 

I've been taking leisurely walks with the dog, wearing summery dresses and skirts. Pulling things out of my wardrobe that I haven't worn in ages and making decisions about whether they suit me and whether I want to keep them.

I've also been changing my gym membership. As from next week, I'm going back to doing more classes through the week and at a different gym too. It's time for a change. This particular gym has no parking, so I'll have to get on my bike to go there, which will be good for me. I'm investing in myself again and towards getting myself strong, fit and healthy. 

I'm listening to inspirational people on YouTube, following inspirational people on Instagram and reading inspirational books and trying to figure out where I go from here. It's all good. I'll let you know when I know myself. 

Wish me luck.


4 comments:

  1. You sound so relaxed, rather than stressed and always trying to catch up. It's go to get me time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound happy and contented. I am happy that you are taking this time slowly and I think a bit meditatively as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! Good cool on the room sprays! I HATE anything artificial and only like using my Mum's essential oil sprays!

    ReplyDelete