Friday 17 July 2020

Post-Lockdown Vintage Haul

Today, I remembered that I hadn't yet posted about the vintage clothing I purchased on my first post-Lockdown visit to Mile End Vintage three or four weeks ago. They were having a 'Fill a Bag Sale' for their first week of opening, where you can fill a small bag for £10 or a larger bag for £20. I, of course, filled a small bag, as did LB, who accompanied me on my vintage shopping adventure.

I wanted to wash and iron the clothes before I did a post and that has now been done, so here goes with what I bought.



My first stop was the scarf bin, where I picked out a few scarves. A black and cream polka dot square scarf, a khaki polka dot scarf that I can use to put in my hair and a neon pink polka dot infinity scarf to wear when riding my bike, as it's really bright, but it's been too warm to wear it recently.

The clothing I bought included 4 blouses, one dress and a summer play suit. I also put a sweater for LB in my bag too. I couldn't try anything on, as the changing rooms were not in use, so some things ended up being a little small, but I might hang on to them for a while, just in case.



My favourite purchase was this blue and white seersucker playsuit. I'm pretty sure it must be from the 1950's or earlier. It is just so cute. It fits me around the bottom half, which was surprising and is quite flattering, but the shirt part is a little small. I can wear it unbuttoned though, with a vest underneath and a belt, which looks okay. It is in perfect condition, save for two small white paint marks on one side which aren't that noticable. I really like it. It was such a find for less than £2.





My second favourite item was this very pretty lightweight blouse with a kind of french style print on it. It is so light and perfect for wearing in the summer, plus it fits quite well and is a flattering style.



My next favourite item was a navy sleeveless button through dress. It fits well, possibly a little tight, but when I first tried it on, it had a sewn in lining that made the skirt pucker up. I decided to remove this, which took a little while to unpick, but once I had done it, it fitted a lot better. This too will be good to wear on hot summer days.





I also bought a couple of pussy bow blouses, one in a mustard colour and another in a cream and black polka dot print. Both are a bit on the small side, but could be worn under a sweater in the autumn, hence why I am keeping them for now. They are in perfect condition though.


Finally, I bought a khaki cotton blouse, which also was a little small, but I will keep it for a while, just in case of a miracle, such as possibly losing a bit of weight by cycling to work. You never know.

A good little haul, but just a pity about not being able to try things on. I'd love to go again in a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure if I will, as I have very little room in my wardrobe to buy anything else. I do like the thrill of not knowing what I might find though, as I always seem to come home with a few treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment