Tuesday 21 July 2020

New Post Series - Recent Ebay Purchases

During Lockdown, I've posted a couple of times about how I tended to buy the things that I needed on eBay. I am still continuing to use eBay quite a lot now I'm back at work, as I'm not too bothered about heading out to the shops these days.  As a consequence, I thought I would start a new series of blog posts about some of the kind of items that I buy on eBay.

The items I buy vary widely in their use.  Some might be clothing or accessories, others might be for our home, especially as we're decorating at the moment. I also often buy random things for the garden or vintage items that take my fancy.

On Monday, for example, the postman delivered three items that I'd recently ordered.  None of them were very expensive. First, was this collection of black buttons.  The ones in the photograph are the ones from the order that I liked the best, as they are all vintage buttons.  As I'm often switching out buttons on vintage clothing items I buy, these are very useful to add to my collection for future use. I paid £4 for these, including postage, and there were others in the parcel that were more modern that I have not pictured here.



The second item that arrived this morning, was this lovely gold coloured picture frame. I paid about £6 for this, but it's very pretty. I'm changing over most of the picture frames in our living room, from silver coloured ones to gilt or gold coloured, to fit in with other items in the room. This was one that I found and liked and that wasn't too expensive. I want a mixture of different styles to give a more eclectic look. I was very happy with this one when it arrived and it now contains a photo of LB that fitted the frame perfectly.

The last parcel that arrived today, contained this pair of ceramic keyhole escutcheons, that I bought to add to the doors in both of our living rooms.  We have some already in place, but they are broken and need replacing. I may order one more set of these, as I am still one short. I just bought a set of two to make sure they fitted and they do.  These cost £4.99 including postage and come with the screws to fix them in place.



Finally, I've added one other item to this post, that I bought on eBay a couple of weeks ago, just because I love it.  It is this lovely handmade corsage.  It is so pretty. I bought it to wear to Swing Dancing events, when they eventually resume, as it has a lovely vintage feel about it. I can't wait to wear it, but I fear that it might be quite a long time until I get the chance. This was a little more expensive at about £11, but I think it is worth it and as you can see from the photograph, the packaging was beautifully done.


2 comments:

  1. Love the corsage, it is gorgeous!! Now what are keyhole escutcheons? I have never heard of those before.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Victorian pine doors in our house and they have keyholes cut into them. The escutcheons cover the keyhole. Purely decorative these days as we don't have any keys for the doors. Possibly originally to stop people peeping through who knows?

      Delete