Monday 29 September 2014

A Little Extra Through the Post

A couple of months ago, I decided to join the John Lewis loyalty card scheme.  I do shop there from time to time, especially online in the sales after Christmas and a few times throughout the year for both business (they have a great fabric department) and personal items.  I figured what's one more loyalty card, when I already have various others.  When I initially joined up, I received three vouchers for tea and cake in their café every month.  I used two of them over the summer on outings with Little Bird.  Very nice too.  I still have one left to use this month, but as I'm trying to avoid spending, I haven't been to the mall, so consequently, I haven't used it, nor am I going to make a special trip to do so, which would probably involve spending more than I should.

Anyway,  Saturday morning and I got a nice surprise through the post.  This £5 gift voucher from JL thanking me for shopping with them.   (We bought our Lewis (Henry) vacuum cleaner from them the other week.)

 


Thank you very much JL.  I'm not sure what I will spend it on or when, I could even give it away as a gift at Christmas, but I'm not sure I will.  I may save it and treat myself during Stopober, when once again I will be trying not to spend.  It will help to motivate me through another long low spend month.

In the same post, I also received some more vouchers from them for tea and cake.  As more than one of them are for the months in the lead up to Christmas, and it is likely that I will be visiting the mall to finish off my Christmas shopping, I'm certain they will get used.  One can even be exchanged for a tote bag instead, which might come in handy if I'm shopping and haven't got a bag with me.

I'm quite liking this loyalty card scheme.  I don't know if it will make me buy from them if I can find it cheaper elsewhere, but they're certainly trying to make it worth my while.

No comments:

Post a Comment