Saturday 13 July 2013

Shopping Lovely Pretty Things

Thursdays seem to be synonymous with shopping trips of late.  I think that after food shopping on a Monday, followed by a couple of days of not spending if I can help it, by Thursday I feel and urge to go out and spend money again.  I must find a way around this.  Yesterday, it was on the pretext of looking for more storage solutions for the bedroom.

I delivered my food box to the food bank, met the lovely co-ordinator whilst there, a very nice lady, and whilst in that part of town I once again partook of a look around TK MAXX, as I'd seen some nice storage items there on a previous visit.  I did find one storage solution that I liked a lot.  I'd almost bought it the last time I shopped here a few weeks ago, but didn't.  I'm now pleased to say that on this occasion I did.  It's this very pretty basket which at £6 was pretty good value.  I need it to house lots of bits and pieces, and as it is going to be visible on a shelf I wanted something that looked attractive.



I looked around the rest of the shop, but there weren't too many bargains to be had this time which is probably just as well.  I did get this lovely lunch bag for my daughter for school next year for £4, which I think is also very pretty.



I also bought this gorgeous baby bowl set as a present to give at a forthcoming family christening.  It was £10 and is so sweet.  It even has a little lid.  We will probably give some money along with it to be put away for the baby.



Finally, I bought these very pretty craft ribbons which were marked down to the ridiculous price of 20p.  I couldn't not buy them at this price.  Not a huge amount spent, but some very pretty things bought for my money, so I was very happy.



2 comments:

  1. I like the storage boxes at TX Maxx and the baby bowl set is sweet. Bargain ribbons !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby bowl set too. I've seen a matching sippy cup elsewhere that I might get too to complete the set. The ribbons were a steal.

    ReplyDelete