Saturday 6 July 2013

A Thursday Splurge

Yes, I know I'm supposed to be cutting out any miscellaneous spending, but on Thursday I was overtaken with a nesting instinct whilst my little bird was away, and got it into my head to buy a couple of things for our home.  It started with the make up storage for my bedroom and whilst at Ikea I bought a pair of dark grey cotton curtains in Bargain Corner for £8 so that I can sew them together to make a throw for one of our sofas which has seen better days.

Later when I got back I just popped out on my bike to our local charity shop to see if I could find some travel guides for our forthcoming holiday and I ended coming back with none other than this.  (Well, not literally on the bike, I went back for it in the car).




OH was a bit surprised when I carried through the front door, but he is used to me doing this sort of thing.  The story goes that I was on my way home from the CS when I saw this outside one of our  local antique/vintage shops.  I couldn't see a price on it so I popped my head in the shop and asked and was told it was £35.  I was really pleasantly surprised as I thought it would be much more.   I had been looking on eBay for a Habitat Radius blanket box to match some of our bedroom furniture, but they come up so rarely and go for hundreds, so when I saw this and found out it's price I thought I would just go with that instead.  I do already have some Lloyd Loom type furniture in the bedroom so it will fit in nicely with them. (Yes, our bedroom is a bit of a mish mash of styles.)

Anyhow, as you can see from the label, it is a Lloyd Loom 'Lusty' product.  I don't think the colour or the feet are original (although they may be) but it doesn't matter as when I've painted it grey and recovered it you won't notice so much anyway.

 
 


It's in pretty good condition, just needs a hoover out and I can get painting.  I do like the gold colour it is and I like the fabric on it, but it won't really tie in with the décor.  Sounds a bit Hyacinth Bucket I know.  I'm looking forward to transforming it and filling it with all our lovely roasty wool blankets and some vintage curtains I need to find room for.  I do love a good storage receptacle.  All part of the great bedroom de-clutter, I will post a reveal when the renovation is complete.

1 comment:

  1. I truly love Lloyd Loom furniture... I only have one piece of mine left as the bulk of it didn't suit the new style I had in my home but I always admire it.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete