Saturday 20 July 2013

Allotment Corner

On a lovely hot Thursday evening this week, all three of us headed off to the allotment.  Me to harvest and water, and OH and Little Bird to walk the dog in the park nearby.

To be honest there wasn't much new to report from the allotment save that we are growing our first (of many I hope) courgette of the season.  Here it is.

 
Only a tiddler at the moment but will probably be ready to harvest next week.
 
The sweetcorn are looking stronger everytime I see them.  Much healthier than the pitiful things I planted a while back.
 
 
On the floral front this singular Nigella had a corner all to itself.
 
 
There were lots more hollyhocks flowering.
 
 
 
 
 
In varying shades of pink.  Talking of pink, these nasturtiums were gorgeous.  They looked like pink velvet.  I don't think I've ever seen any that colour before.  Far too pretty to eat.
 
 
I harvested a few potatoes to take to Yorkshire with us this weekend.  We're going to a family christening in Bradford.
 
Next week I really must spend some time here and start thinking about what to sow next to fill the gaps that are starting to appear.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment