Friday 5 July 2013

Make Up Storage Solution

I've been looking for a solution for storing my everyday makeup and beauty products for quite a while now.  I had half solved the problem with a wooden trolley and a plastic Ikea box that I had already, but the items I was using didn't fill it and were sliding around in there and falling over and it was generally a little annoying.

Yesterday, I took a trip to our local Ikea to see if I could source a smaller version of the box to provide a solution to the problem.  The store closest to where I live is currently undergoing refurbishment so there isn't the full range of storage products available, but they did have the box concerned in a different colour, namely white, as opposed to grey/brown.  Also on sale were some inserts that you could hang off the sides of the box to provide small compartments to keep makeup and smaller products in.  I decided to buy a new box and a set of inserts, which weren't particularly cheap at £7 for the box and £9 for the inserts, but they looked to be a really good solution.  Sometimes it is worth the extra just for the benefits it will provide in the long term.

When I got home I inserted the new compartments into the new box and arranged all the products I use daily inside.  There's still lots of spare room in the box, but the compartments do help to organise things so they are easy to pick up and use and not sliding around quite so much.  It's even given me some room to store my most used nail varnishes tidily which is a bonus.



The existing box that I had been using I subsequently filled with the stash of beauty products I have that I am yet to use and these will be kept on the bottom shelf of the trolley so I can replenish anything I use up quickly and easily.  I feel a lot happier with this solution as it is definitely more resolved.



Here's a picture of the boxes on the trolley ready to use.  I may when I have some funds available, buy another white box with a lid to create a tidier, more contained look on the bottom shelf and at the same time co-ordinate, but for the time being this solution is fine.  How do you store your make up and beauty products for everyday use?

1 comment:

  1. looks great... leave space for the lancome ! My email addy on previous post.

    ReplyDelete