Friday 8 February 2013

The Lady

One other purchase I made on my shopping trip the other day was this magazine, The Lady.  I couldn't resist the image on the cover and some of the articles featured sounded quite interesting.


I don't know if you've ever read this magazine, but for £2.50 per issue it is pretty good value.  It has, perhaps, got a bit of  reputation for being a magazine for the older lady.

I had a bit of a spell of reading this regularly when Rachel Johnson, Boris, the Mayor of London's sister took the helm for a year or so.  Did you see the tv programme about her editorship?  It was quite interesting and amusing.  Anyway, you may disagree, but I think she did a pretty good job of making it more appealing to women of all ages and I would recommend anyone to take a look as there are lots of interesting, grown up articles in it and is not sex or celebrity obsessed like some magazines you see on the newsstand.

There are a few things I found particularly interesting in this issue, namely the History of Hair article all about hairstyles throughout the ages, an article on tree houses and articles on ways to stay healthy and look 10 years younger  (I wish!).  The classifieds always lure me in too.  I find them fascinating and they are quite useful for finding holiday accomodation.  Next time you're in the newsagents and you see a copy on the shelf, take a look and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment