Saturday 9 February 2013

Charity Shop Tales 2

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last charity shop excursion, so I was getting definite withdrawal symptoms.  (I've decided to number my posts about my charity shop visits from now on so that I can keep track of how often I visit them and hopefully keep my habit in check.)  Anyway, when I was walking the puppy the other day, I took a short detour to look in the window of another of my favourite charity shops. Big mistake.  I hadn't visited this particular shop since before Christmas, so I immediately felt the urge to pay a visit. 

The following day, enroute to the Post Office to send off some parcels,  I diverted (due to traffic congestion) to park nearby and decided to pop in and take a look.  I didn't spend a lot, honestly,  just £2.25, which got me 4 books, including two on dog training and puppy care (very pertinent at the moment), a book on learning to be happy which looked interesting and an India Knight book about idiot-proof dieting. Although I'm not on a diet, I like her style of writing and have read books of hers in the past, so thought it might be an amusing read.

I also bought this for the puppy.  I thought it was cute and colourful and it didn't remind me of an animal, so felt it was easier to give her.  I just can't give her any of my daughter's unwanted soft toys as it seems so cruel to allow them be savaged by a puppy. This little guy was new,  had been handknitted and cost a mere 50p.  I didn't tell the lady behind the counter what I wanted it
for, I hasten to add, in case she'd knitted it and was offended.



Later, on my way to the Post Office, I had to pass one of my other alltime favourite charity shops, so I popped in there too where I spent another £2 on a couple more books.   One was by Joan Collins called 'The World According to Joan' and the other was another book by Giselle Scanlon called The Goddess Experience with a lovely gold cover with a blue tit on it.  (It precedes the book I bought on my last excursion).  I also picked up a few knitting bits and pieces which I collect.


Here are some of the books I bought.


So, my bedside book pile gets ever higher.  I just need to find the time to read them all now.

Before I go here's a photo of the puppy and her new 'friend'!

2 comments:

  1. oh sweet. We actually sell a lot of soft toys in the charity shop which we know are bound for a puppy or dog.
    By law we are not actually allowed to sell toys without the safety mark for children so they are ideal for dogs !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel so bad now you've said that. It's still in one piece anyway so it's holding out well!

    ReplyDelete