Sunday 3 February 2013

Weekend Catchup

It's been a busy week this week and I don't feel like I've got an awful lot done.  Does anyone else ever feel like this?  Most of my to do list is being carried over into next week, but I'm hoping that I will be able to tick quite a few off by the end of the week.

As a consequence, this weekend, I was determined to do at least one more thing on the list and as the date for the arrival of some guests is looming just 2 weeks in the distance, I knew the one that I had to do.  I just had to finish clearing out the spare room of all my daughter's things (it used to be her bedroom until she moved into our other bedroom recently), so that we could get on and decorate it in time for our friends' arrival.

I'm glad to say that with my daughter's help, in deciding what stays and what goes, we got the job done.  We (well I) then cleaned and hoovered the room and we put all the remaining contents in the centre, covered them with a dust sheet and we can now work around them and decorate the room.

As with my daughter's bedroom, which we renovated a couple of weeks ago, it is just a case of refreshing the room.  It already has lots of built in shelving either side of the chimney breast, made by my partner, who fortunately is pretty good at most DIY projects, and which will be ideal for storing all my fabrics/books/etc.  These just need a repaint along with the walls, ceiling, door and window frames.  I'm looking forward to a trip to the DIY store to choose paint for a feature wall, something grown up this time.  Hopefully, this is all I will need to spend on the renovation, along with possibly a few pounds for some storage boxes to go on the shelves.

So here are a few before pictures of the room as promised.




 
You can see from this picture that I've tried a few colours on this wall in the past.  We've not decided on one yet though.


I will post some after pictures, once it is finished.  This room will then be our spare room/my workroom and I can't wait until it is done and I can get all my projects, fabrics and sewing paraphenalia in there, and get to work on things I just haven't had the space to do for the past  6 months or so.

The other things on my list, that I didn't get done this week, now seem a bit less significant (bar one) and I feel like progress is being made again.  Hooray for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment