Saturday 27 October 2018

Day 7 - A Lost Friday and a Final Push

I didn't post yesterday, mainly because it was a bit of a lost day. It happens sometimes. I did do a couple of things, namely some grocery shopping and a little bit of Christmas shopping, but the cleaning I had wanted to do just didn't get done.  I got restless and went out instead, as it was beginning to feel like I'd spent the whole of my week off cleaning and little else. It was making me feel a little resentful, so I did something else instead.

Thankfully, today, I got back on course and cleaned the upstairs bathroom.  To be honest, now that's done, I'm not too worried about doing much more, as LB's room can wait until she's back at school next week. She's spent a lot of time in it this week, revising and doing homework and I don't want to disturb her.

This afternoon OH, myself and the dog went over to the allotment to harvest, clear it and dig it all over. It was a lot quicker job than when it's just me doing it. It would have taken three times as long, over three visits, but we managed to get it done in just a couple of hours. It's great to know that there's very little left to do to it before winter arrives. I'd like to cover it with compost taken from the big pile in the park, but it will have to wait until another day as neither of us had the energy today.



I cut a few dahlias and brought them home with me.  They are very pretty. We harvested the rest of the potatoes, lots of beetroot, which I'm boiling as I write, some rhubarb and the last of the tomatoes. 

Here's a picture of what the plot looked like as we left today.



Tonight, I'll be doing the ironing, whilst watching Strictly, then I'll probably have a shower and get ready to go back to work tomorrow. 


2 comments:

  1. The Dahlias are really cheery and how tidy your plot looks. I always think at the end of a break - oh if I could have just one more day to enjoy all my hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, what pretty dahlias. They look great in that container.

    Great job on the plot. It looks nice and clean. Ready for winters arrival.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete