Wednesday 24 October 2018

Day 3 - Tuesday

Day three of my week's leave and the day started with a lie in.  OH took the dog out for a walk before he headed off up to Yorkshire to see his parents.  LB and I didn't go, as LB had originally arranged to go to a concert this evening, which subsequently got cancelled, but then made an arrangement with a friend which also got cancelled, in any case she was also focussing on her revision, so we stayed put.

I finished reading my current book in bed, before getting up and doing the usual of emptying the dishwasher, having breakfast and catching up with bits and pieces online.  Whilst doing this, I also put some fruit in a pan to make some jam and it was finished by the time I was ready to go upstairs and get ready. It made just one jar, but it will keep us going for a while.

Today, my plan was to do some cleaning.  With some smaller outstanding tasks having been taken care of yesterday and Sunday, the way was cleared to get stuck into some proper housework. As I'd cleaned the rooms downstairs recently, I decided to start with the upstairs and work my way down through the house, so I began in our bedroom.

I didn't intend to initially, but ended up doing a very deep clean of the room, which hadn't been done in over a year. I removed everything from the shelves and wiped them clean.  They all had quite a thick layer of dust on them.  I went through all of the books and decided to part with yet more, probably a dozen or so went onto the donation pile.  I also decided to donate a few jigsaws too, that we bought years ago and probably won't do again. Then I vacuumed and mopped the wooden floor  before vacuuming my way down the stairs.  I omitted LB's room, which I will do later in the week when she goes out. I also cleaned, vacuumed and mopped the hallway, vestibule and downstairs toilet.

Whilst cleaning the hallway, I decided to sweep up the fallen leaves from the front path and gave the front door a bit of a clean too. Then it was time to take the dog out, so I called it a day on the cleaning. I did feel that I got quite a lot done today though, and was pretty pleased with my progress.  It feels so good to get to grips with some areas of the house, that haven't been tackled for way too long.

Tomorrow, I'm going to head out to our local mall with LB to do some shopping. It will be nice to go out and about together and make the most of our time off work and school. Cleaning will have to be resumed later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. I did our living room this last weekend it feels so much nicer to sit in now even with the bags of 'stuff' in the corner waiting to go to new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get a lot done. I managed to finish cleaning and tidying the hallway closets yesterday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete