Monday 22 October 2018

A Lazy Sunday

Sunday, was the first day of my week off for half term. I hadn't managed to book my usual gym class, so it was lovely to be able to stay in bed, read my current book, get up in a leisurely manner and have a leisurely breakfast/dog walk, before deciding what to do with my day.

It was especially sweet on the back of working the previous four days. I'd gone in on one of my days off to do a few errands, that wouldn't otherwise be done this side of Christmas, due to lack of volunteers. One involved getting lots of donated foreign currency changed into sterling to boost the coffers, so it was a worthwhile thing to go in for, as it raised quite a bit more money than we anticipated. We tend to do this once or twice a year, so it builds up to quite a good amount.

Anyway, work aside, I'm looking forward to my week off. I intend to spend some time on my house and do some much needed cleaning. I've really let things slip lately and feel I need to get it back under control. LB and I are not going away, so I should have plenty of time to do it.  I might even get out into the garden and onto the allotment.

Talking of the allotment, I got notified that I'd won a prize for my plot this year in the Allotment Association Awards.  It was as Best Newcomer on a small site.  Bearing in mind that I've now had the plot 2 or 3 years, and had a bigger plot with the same association for 8 or 9 years before that, it seems a strange award, but I don't want to sound ungrateful, because it's nice to get any recognition for the work we've put in and the £10 National Garden Centre Voucher I received yesterday was a bonus that I will enjoy spending. OH suggested that I won because he had been working on the plot this year. Typical!

LB is, of course, off school this week, it being half term. She's had a busy week attending meetings about Sixth Forms and going on school trips to the theatre, so she's ready for a break and wants to try to get herself organised with regard to her upcoming revision for GCSEs. A week of down time at home should help, although OH is going up to Yorkshire for a couple of days to see his parents, as his father isn't too well. 

Anyway, the rest of Sunday I spent catching up on Saturday night's Strictly (whilst ironing), doing laundry, planning and preparing supper and watching reruns of Pride and Prejudice (the series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle) It was very enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your week off. I always enjoyed mine when I worked in the schools. So nice to get caught up around the house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete