Thursday 25 October 2018

Day 4 - Wednesday - Christmas Shopping

As mentioned in yesterday's post, today it was my intention to go out shopping with LB to our local mall. I had some money in my account for buying Christmas presents, but hadn't really made too much progress so far this month. LB knew of a couple of items she wanted, so we decided to head out so that I could get ahead of the curve.

First stop was Office for some new Converse trainers.  I have to admit that I find it very difficult to spend £50 on a pair of trainers, knowing that you are mainly paying for the branding, but this was what she wanted and not wanting to be a curmudgeon at Christmas, I agreed to buy some for her.  Thankfully, when we were in the store, we found out that there was 20% off the shoes she wanted, which did help, as it saved me £10. Paying £40 is still a lot, but is a lot easier to stomach than £50.

Next on her Xmas list, was  a visit to Urban Outfitters for a velvet pantsuit that she wants to wear to a New Year's Eve Party.  They didn't have it in the colour she wanted (black), but a member of staff in the changing rooms, kindly advised us that we could order it at the till and have it sent by Express mail to our address for free.  I happily took them up on this offer, as it saved me the postage which would probably be at least £4 or £5 and we got it the next day.  The staff were so nice and helpful.  I was really impressed by the customer service.

Another job we needed to do was to get LB a fringe trim.  Supercuts obliged us for less than £10 including the tip, although the wait was a little long, but at least it got done and she can see properly again.

I bought a few other bits, namely some toiletries for LB and myself, another school skirt for LB from Primark which cost £1. (Down from £2.50).  Such a bargain. 


I also bought myself this orange leopard print skirt from Primark, which I'm hoping to wear for work with black tights and boots.  It's a little shorter than I would normally wear, but I really like it and it was only £10. If I bottle it, LB will be happy to wear it.

All in all it was a very successful outing with LB's two main presents bought.  The remaining things on the list are small stocking fillers and cash, although I may surprise her with something that she's not expecting just to keep a little bit of the surprise in Christmas.

I now just need to focus on getting OH to write me a list, so that I can get some of his presents bought, as I don't want to be rushing around at the last minute, especially when work will be very busy in the lead up to Christmas.

How's your Christmas shopping coming along?

4 comments:

  1. Well done for making a start. I usually have by now but we have a big family party coming up and I am doing all the catering so I can't get my head around Christmas just at the moment. I'm looking forward to starting though.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be drawing our usual family 'Not so Secret Santa' at my daughter's anniversary celebration in mid November -so can't make a start on that yet. I still intend to make my friends presents this year and I might not be buying for the people at work as they had a secret santa set up which I will not be part of so I might suggest we call it quits now and I will buy a box of nice biscuits or something for them instead of any individual presents. It is creeping ever closer now and by the end of the wek it is that shock horror time when you realise Xmas is only about 8 weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. It sounds as if you had the perfect time with LB.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas shopping will start and finish on one day in about 6 weeks. We'll pick a place and power shop every gift we need to buy. Tell a lie, I bought some wrapping paper from IKEA last week.

    ReplyDelete