As a consequence, when I visited on Sunday afternoon the weeds had started to grow back with abandon in places. After harvesting any crops that were ready, I decided that it was time to do a bit of work and spent a couple of hours removing the weeds. I managed to get half way around the plot in that time, which wasn't too bad. Here's a picture of how the plot looked when I left. The side I dug over is on the right.
Here's a picture of the vegetables I harvested on the initial visit on Sunday:
(Please excuse my very muddy boots and leopard print hareems! - Strange gardening attire, I know)
and the vegetables harvested today:
I have to admit that we're struggling to eat everything, so I desperately need to defrost the freezer to be able to store some of it.
I've now harvested the last of the early lettuce crops both at the allotment and at home, and although I've sewn more, none of it is really anywhere near ready to harvest. We have one more week here before we go up to Yorkshire for a week to housesit for relatives, so I might just be able to make what we have last until then and hopefully when we get back some more will be ready.