Sunday 12 February 2017

Loving Lately

I haven't done one of these posts for a while, so I thought I'd indulge myself a little.



The first thing that I've been loving have been these Thinsulate 40g insulated gloves.  I've never actually had a pair of gloves like these before and they are so warm and toasty.  Far superior to the cheap woollen gloves I usually buy from Primark, two pairs for £1.  They've come in very useful in the recent cold weather and although they were quite pricey, even when bought new from the CS, they have been worth every penny during the cold spells we've been having lately. I just hope I don't lose one of them.



The second thing I've been loving lately is this small cross body bag that I bought from ASOS this month. It arrived the morning of my friend's funeral, so was perfect to take with me on the day and is a great size for nights out, holidays and other special occasions.  I managed to use a £5 loyalty voucher which enabled me to buy it for just £15. I'm very happy with it as it is a perfect size to take my purse, phone and keys making it a perfect addition to my longed for, but not yet quite complete capsule wardrobe.



A good film that I've enjoyed recently has been this one starring Will Smith and his son Jaden.  I purchased it from the CS and watched it the same night.  Both heartbreaking and inspiring in equal doses and based on a true story. I'd definitely recommend it.

On Netflix, I've recently really enjoyed watching the crime series River, which stars the actress Nicola Walker who I've also been watching recently in ITV crime drama 'Unforgotten'.  In River, she plays the deceased colleague of a detective trying to find her murderer. This series is set in and around East London where I live, so I also enjoyed identifying some of the places where it was filmed. A great series, which I'm sad to have finished watching.

Finally, I have to say that I'm really enjoying reading books at the moment, mostly of the self help/development variety.  I know this genre of book isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I find them strangely appealing and we get so many of them coming through the CS.



My latest favourite has been 'Living the 80/20 Way' by Richard Koch which tries to guide you in living your life by taking account of the 80/20 principle, whereby 20% of the things you do bring you 80% of your happiness. It is an idea that fascinates me, namely that much of our lives are spent doing things that bring us very little pleasure or satisfaction. I read a previous book of his on this subject last year and enjoyed it and this book was no disappointment either.

If you've enjoyed any of the above or find any of these favourites appealing.  Let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed River. I am going to see if I can find Unforgotten. I am adding it to my list.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased that someone else enjoyed river as much as I did. I was very late getting around to watching it, but it was well worth it. It's a pity they never made another season.

      Delete
  2. That book looks fascinating Ann - I shall have to look out for it. That movie ... loved it so much!! And yes, based on a true story. Also loving your new bag - looks a good compact size. Wishing you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete