Monday 23 May 2016

A Few Favourites

It's been a while since I've posted any favourites, mainly due to not really purchasing too much of interest, but this past month I've made a few small purchases that are proving very useful on a day to day basis.



The first is this ecoffee cup that I purchased for use when I go to the CS.  I suffer from cold sores from time to time, and don't like to share cups, mugs, etc., as I don't want to pass on the virus. 

Although I don't have a cold sore at present, I'm mindful that one could strike at any time, so I decided to buy my own cup for making drinks at the shop and for use on the way if I don't have time to make breakfast.  

This one cost £6.99, which although sounds a lot, using it for home made cups of tea or coffee, can very easily save you money if you regularly buy drinks on the go, which I don't incidentally.  

What I like about it is that it is light to carry in my bag, made from bamboo and some sort of rubber or silicone, so is eco friendly, washes easily and is really easy to use. It also seems to keep your drink warm for a good length of time.  I like the look of it too, which I know is a little fickle, but aesthetics are important to me. I've used it for the past week and it's working well for me.



Along similar lines, I also bought this reusable sandwich pouch from Ethical Superstore with my last order.  It is washable, although I haven't needed to wash it yet.  It fits a sandwich perfectly, although it can be used for other foods, such as loose nuts, crisps, rice cakes, etc.  Again, very handy for taking a sandwich with me to the shop, light, non bulky and saves waste.  It cost £5.06, which again might sound quite expensive, but I intend to use it for quite a long time to come and I like the design.



On the beauty front, I've recently been using a new shower gel.  I found this natural brand at TK Maxx a few weeks ago and bought a couple of bottles.  It was £3.99 for 300ml, contains only  natural ingredients, has lovely packaging and is working well for me.  I'm currently using the Rosehip,Ylang Ylang and Chamomile scent, but I also have one in Peppermint, Rosemary and Green Tea to use next. The only down side of this brand is that it is a New Zealand brand, so the air miles involved will be ridiculous, but you can't always have everything I guess.



On the food front, I picked up a bag of these Kale Chips in TK Maxx the other day, whilst looking for a birthday present for OH.  They were reduced by half to £1, which although expensive for crisps, I was curious to try them.  I was very pleasantly surprised by the taste, which was Indian Spice flavour and they were lovely and crispy.  They are dehydrated as opposed to baked, so contain much less fat. I'm not sure if I'd buy them again, save as a very expensive occasional treat, but they are very tasty.

I've also invested in a few vitamin and mineral supplements this month, by way of attempting to speed up an excruciatingly slow metabolism caused by my thyroid problems.  I may do a separate post on these at some point, if I have any positive results as a consequence of taking them.

On the viewing front, I've got a new Netflix favourite for anyone interested, a French series called 'Marseille' starring Gerard Depardieu. It's a political drama centred on the city of the title. It is subtitled, but very good.  I'm also waiting for the second series of 'Bloodline' to start on Netflix later this month. This is a family saga set in the Florida Keys, which inspired our trip last summer.  I'm hoping it will be available on British Netflix this month and not just in the US.

On British TV I'm enjoying the new series entitled 'Obsessive Compulsive Country House Cleaners', because I'm nosy and like to see how the other half live, (not always spotlessly cleanly) and because it does help to motivate me to do a bit of cleaning in my own house.

That's it for this month, that I can think of.  I'll post again when I can think of any other favourites.



No comments:

Post a Comment